Question Mouse double right clicks when playing video games and makes a random sound effect but does not when not playing.

Dec 10, 2020
My mouse sometimes double right clicks when playing video games but it does not do that when browsing internet or anything else, I checked in a double right click test page and it showed as if it weren't doubleclicking so i guess it's just ingame?

Dec 10, 2020
If you checked, it's probably in-game. Use some other games and check if it works fine or download an update for your game.
Checking right now, as far as i'm concerned it happens in CS:GO but not in total war i'm checking more games now it does not happen in valorant so i guess it has to be exclusive to steam games or CS:GO

Last edited:

MorganPike

Prominent
Jan 8, 2020
You sure it's not just a switch starting to go bad? Are you sure it's only happening in Steam games and not that that's just where you spend most of your time clicking? Of course, for right handed people, it's more commonly the left switch that goes first I think as it's the most used.

Might want to try using compressed air to make sure nothings got in their and is messing with the switch. Making a sound makes me wonder.

Dec 10, 2020
If you checked, it's probably in-game. Use some other games and check if it works fine or download an update for your game.
You sure it's not just a switch starting to go bad? Are you sure it's only happening in Steam games and not that that's just where you spend most of your time clicking? Of course, for right handed people, it's more commonly the left switch that goes first I think as it's the most used.

Might want to try using compressed air to make sure nothings got in their and is messing with the switch. Making a sound makes me wonder.
I did 200 right clicks in a web that checks double clicks and it marked none, went in to valoran 10 minutes right clicking and did nothing strange and the sound is played in the computer not the mouse it self it that makes sense, i know bonkers. Anyways thanks so much for at least checking it means a lot.

Nvm i changed the mouse and it works fine but what still buggs me is why did it make a soundeffect ingame and why i din't notice that in others or web... whatever i guess

Last edited:

ARK1375

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014
I did 200 right clicks in a web that checks double clicks and it marked none, went in to valoran 10 minutes right clicking and did nothing strange and the sound is played in the computer not the mouse it self it that makes sense, i know bonkers. Anyways thanks so much for at least checking it means a lot.

Nvm i changed the mouse and it works fine but what still buggs me is why did it make a soundeffect ingame and why i din't notice that in others or web... whatever i guess
What do you mean by sound effects?

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019

What mouse was it? It might be something in the software/drivers for it.