[SOLVED] Mouse DPI Button Opens Microsoft Office

Dec 25, 2020
Recently my DPI Button on my mouse has started to open Microsoft Office when click it holds down "shift,control,alt, alt gr, windows, control, shift" all at the same time ive uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it and tried using mousex but mousex doesnt recognize my DPI button, was wondering if anyone has heard of this before and hopefully a solution

Solution
Seems like the DPI button has been bound somehow to opening Office. Depending on the mouse, it might be that the way the system recognized the DPI button is now associated with an Office shortcut, but that would be unlikely.

Try deleting the peripheral itself in the configuration panel, under peripherals and printers. Just right-click your mouse and select "Delete". Then, unplug the mouse and replug it. It will re-install its peripherals and should then hopefully work again. If not, then I'm sorry but i dont know...

FelixLive44

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
Seems like the DPI button has been bound somehow to opening Office. Depending on the mouse, it might be that the way the system recognized the DPI button is now associated with an Office shortcut, but that would be unlikely.

Try deleting the peripheral itself in the configuration panel, under peripherals and printers. Just right-click your mouse and select "Delete". Then, unplug the mouse and replug it. It will re-install its peripherals and should then hopefully work again. If not, then I'm sorry but i dont know...

Reactions: Obiwancanabi
Solution