Question Mouse feels different everytime I start my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
Hello!
So I've been grinding Valorant the past months and I have huge mouse problems ever since.
Every time I start my pc my mouse feels different.
Sometimes it feels insanely fast and I end up lowering my sens.
The next time It feels insanely slow so I end up going to my previous sens.
I've been trying everything I find online and I can't find a stable fix for my mouse.
It feels weird everywhere not just in Valorant.

I'm using logitech g pro Wireless without software right now (onboard memory) at 400dpi and 1000hz.
I'm starting to think it has something to do with electricity but no idea how to fix it.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Mobo : B450 aorus pro
CPU : Ryzen 5 3600
GPU : Rtx 2060 6GB
Ram : 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Mouse : Logitech G PRO Wireless

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model mouse?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one at a time.

Observe when/while the mouse seems "insanely fast" and then again when the mouse seems "insanely slow".

Determine, in both cases, what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

= = = =

Look for some conflicting app or utility that may be launching and running in the background thus slowing the mouse.

Perhaps some update, a backup, AV scan, or some app simply phoning home or trying to do so.

No harm in reinstalling the mouse drivers. Manually download the applicable drivers from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Also try another mouse pad. Just as a matter of elimination.

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model mouse?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one at a time.

Observe when/while the mouse seems "insanely fast" and then again when the mouse seems "insanely slow".

Determine, in both cases, what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

= = = =

Look for some conflicting app or utility that may be launching and running in the background thus slowing the mouse.

Perhaps some update, a backup, AV scan, or some app simply phoning home or trying to do so.

No harm in reinstalling the mouse drivers. Manually download the applicable drivers from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Also try another mouse pad. Just as a matter of elimination.

Hello and thank you for u answer!
I have the G PRO Wireless from Logitech. I've changed like 3 of the same mouse to eliminate that the mouse is defective.
I've monitored but nothing seemed odd when the mouse was fast or when the mouse was slow.
I've tried disabling every background service that is running aswell as programms.
I've reinstalled the drivers countless times and I've tried playing with onboard aswell.
I've tried different mousepads.
I try different usb ports all the time and nothing changes. Today I plugged my mouse in the usb 3.0 port and it seemed to become slower, I'm pretty sure the "slow" sensitivity is the right as I'm playing on 400 dpi. I'm really lost its been so long since I had these problems that I don't even remember how my sens used to be before the problems started.
Then again I went back to the previous usb port to see if the mouse behavior would change but it remained the same. It's really random it just acts on its own.

Ralston18

Titan
This mouse?

Logitech G PRO Wireless Mouse

Where is the USB Receiver (aka a "Dongle") physically plugged in?

Try using a known working USB extension cable to move the USB Receiver up and away from the host computer. Especially if the Receiver is in the back of the computer and the computer is sitting on the floor, under a desk, etc..

A USB extension cable could help in two ways:

1) the extension cable physically changes the fit and feel of the USB Receiver between Receiver and the host USB port. That change may improve connectivity and make the sensitivity much more consistent.

2) Having the ability to move the USB Receiver up and away from the case may also help with reception and transmission that can also improve signal quality and stabilize performance.

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
This mouse?

Logitech G PRO Wireless Mouse

Where is the USB Receiver (aka a "Dongle") physically plugged in?

Try using a known working USB extension cable to move the USB Receiver up and away from the host computer. Especially if the Receiver is in the back of the computer and the computer is sitting on the floor, under a desk, etc..

A USB extension cable could help in two ways:

1) the extension cable physically changes the fit and feel of the USB Receiver between Receiver and the host USB port. That change may improve connectivity and make the sensitivity much more consistent.

2) Having the ability to move the USB Receiver up and away from the case may also help with reception and transmission that can also improve signal quality and stabilize performance.

Yes thats the mouse I have!
I have the extension cable plugged on the back of my pc and the dongle placed directly at the edge of the mousepad for best connection possible.

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
Maybe "too close".

Try moving the dongle about just to determine if there is some location where the sensitivity stabilizes.

After that, failing any improvement, I would be thinking about some source of interference.

I'll try leaving it at the edge of the table.
Today the mouse feels "heavy". I'm pretty sure this is the right sens but I'm really confused. I'll leave it as it is right now and report back tomorrow morning, even tho I'm taking a break from playing right now because playing high level fps games with sens problems is really tilting.
Sensitivity changes randomly but it usually goes back to "super fast" after leaving the pc off for too long.
I'd say it might be the mosture coz weather is cold right now but I had the same issues in summer so I really dont know.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Late question: Are you using G Hub or any other "control panel" like software to configure the mouse?

Even if not being directly or deliberately used check to see if any such app is running in the background.

FYI:

https://thegamingsetup.com/gaming-mouse/buying-guides/logitech-gaming-software-g-hub

Disable or uninstall any such software just as a matter of elimination.

Remember to look in Task Manager for what is being launched at startup and what apps are running in the background.

Could be that the mouse sens (heavy etc.) is being affected by some other running app or combination of running apps.

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
I've trying using ghub and logitech gaming software. I've also tried running with just onboard memory.
I've tried disabling all apps to see if the problem persists and nothing really changed.
To be honest when mouse is "heavy" I can aim pretty accurate. The problem is when the mouse feels too "loose".

User1990

Commendable
Nov 12, 2021
So I removed the motherboard yday and put it back again.
I removed every screw that wasnt motherboard's original screw and left some holes without screws at all.
I got screws in corner ones and center to be safe but will get the missing ones as soon as possible.
Also disabled C-states.
Pc seems to be running way better now, hope it stays that way. Will report back if anything changes again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.