[SOLVED] Mouse feels off after getting a new PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2020
So about a week ago i got a new pc, i'm kind of broke so i didn't jump to a rtx 3080 or anything like that (i would say i went up from a 2012 to a 2016 pc), and all of a sudden my mouse feels completely different. Everything's the exact same - the monitor, the mouse, the desk. Just a different pc. it feels especially strange when moving the mouse slowly - i can never point at something precisely whereas before i could just snap from target to target with ease. Enhanced precision is off. I've also tried the MarkC fix. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Logitech changed the software that controls their hardware from Logitech Gaming Software to G Hub so its possible it is a setting.

I didn't notice right away after getting new PC but when I opened the mouse software for my mouse it said it needed me to disable Microsoft mice settings as they were conflicting with the drivers. My mouse was much better after the change. Admittedly my mouse isn't Logitech.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In order for us to understand what the problem might be, it's customary to include your specs for your system. Include your before and after specs and your peripherals. On another note, did you reinstall the OS once you migrated to the new platform? I'm assuming you changed the motherboard and not just the GPU.

Dec 3, 2020
Before specs: CPU intel i3-2100, GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 950, 8GBs of RAM, Mobo: Intel DH61CR.
After specs: CPU: intel i5 4460, GPU: AMD RX 580 4Gb, 16 GBs of RAM, Mobo: MSI H81M-P33.
Mouse: Logitech M90.
This is a completely new PC so everything is different. Maybe i'm just not used to the switch between a Nvidia and an AMD GPU, could there be any differences in mouse "control" between the platforms?

Does your mouse use any software that you had on the other setup that's not on this one? Did you try various mouse options in Windows to see if anything helps? You may have mouse acceleration on too high so you are overshooting things when moving the mouse.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Logitech changed the software that controls their hardware from Logitech Gaming Software to G Hub so its possible it is a setting.

I didn't notice right away after getting new PC but when I opened the mouse software for my mouse it said it needed me to disable Microsoft mice settings as they were conflicting with the drivers. My mouse was much better after the change. Admittedly my mouse isn't Logitech.

Solution
Dec 3, 2020
Okay, so everyone, thanks for your replies and thank you for helping me.
So, this is a bit embarrassing, but all i had to do is enable enhanced precision and then reduce my sensitivity and now it feels great. Guess i was just used to mouse acceleration even though everyone else seems to oppose it. I still don't like it when it's enabled in video games (probably because it stacks with the one that's already on and it becomes too much)

Status
Not open for further replies.