Mouse feels "off"

steventhehro

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2012
I've tried a multitude of things but with no success.

Randomly I started feeling like my mouse wasn't acting the same way (I've now tried different mice).

It felt "floaty", slower sometimes, faster others, maybe a little draggy.

-I've reset windows 4 times, I've changed lots of BIOS settings and in also gone to "optimized defaults" none of which helped me.
-I've tried different mice
-I've tried messing with sensitivity, polling rate, etc.
-I've tried another monitor
-I've tried another port on my video card
-I've tried cleaning mouse
- I've tried different mouse pad

Specs:
MSI z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
i7 7700k
GTX 1080ti aero
32GB DDR4 2400 RAM

Mouse currently using and that I've been using: Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard: HyperX Alloy FPS Pro

Solution
If your mouse is connected to your system via a USB hub, disconnect it from the hub and connect it straight to a USB port on the system. I am suspecting intermittent high traffic from other USB devices, such as storage, may be causing intermittent latency. Also, you can try turning down the polling rate on the mouse, that may help rather or not there is a hub or other devices involved.

seamus_ar

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
If your mouse is connected to your system via a USB hub, disconnect it from the hub and connect it straight to a USB port on the system. I am suspecting intermittent high traffic from other USB devices, such as storage, may be causing intermittent latency. Also, you can try turning down the polling rate on the mouse, that may help rather or not there is a hub or other devices involved.

Solution