Mouse freezes but buttons still work

Padzki

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
My Corsair M65 mouse keeps randomly stops working. To be specific, the movement function randomly stops while the buttons remain functional. The mouse just freezes(can't move the arrow pointer) while gaming or even browsing the web. -when this happens, all buttons as well as the LED are working.. This commonly happens when I use the scroll wheel or click it. There is no indication of my mouse disconnecting when this happens.

To solve the problem, I have to manually unplug/plug the mouse again and it works fine. Probably a sensor problem? Please advise

The current version is: Firmware: 2.26
Software: 1.00.00.11

Solution
it is extremely rare for a usb 2.0 mouse to not work in a usb 3.0 port. Corsair and razer are mice that rarely have compatibility problems, and considering it works at all, i highly doubt port compatibility to be the problem here. that being said, trying all the different usb ports is definitely an option, even if they are all usb 3.0, and as last ditch effort, try the usb ports on the case instead of using the mobo ones

Padzki

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

Thanks for the reply. Does it matter if it's 2.0 or 3.0? My mobo is Gigabyte z87x-UD3H and it seems all USB ports are 3.0.

Padzki

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

I have already tried reinstalling all software/drivers. I also updated the latest mouse firmware. I haven't tried another mouse though. Will try later. Thanks

Xiembeest

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013

Compatiblilty is one of the reasons. For example, my Logitech g25 racing wheel refuses to work in a usb 3.0 port.

it is extremely rare for a usb 2.0 mouse to not work in a usb 3.0 port. Corsair and razer are mice that rarely have compatibility problems, and considering it works at all, i highly doubt port compatibility to be the problem here. that being said, trying all the different usb ports is definitely an option, even if they are all usb 3.0, and as last ditch effort, try the usb ports on the case instead of using the mobo ones

Solution