[SOLVED] Mouse Freezes

n.nasoulas

Reputable
Apr 18, 2018
Hello, Recently my mouse started freezing randomly whenever the pointer touches the left side of my screen. I did reset my windows in case of any app that couldve caused this. Mouse is Logitech G102 prodigy.

Motherboard: B250m pro vd
CPU: G4600
Ram: crucial 2x4 2400
GPU: GTX 750 ti
a cheap 500w psu
crucial ssd
wd 1tb blue

I am not using dual monitors.

Last edited:
Solution
What are the errors? Any numeric codes, any references to some application or process?

Does the same error constantly occur or are there varying error codes with differing counts of each?

Overall, varying errors and multiple occurrences are a sign of a faltering/failing PSU.

Especially if the new GPU is demanding just even momentary power levels that the PSU cannot satisfy.

500 Watt PSU: Make, model, age, condition?
Ive been using the mouse all day and it has not stuttered. Not even once. With that said i thing that its all good now. Thank you for the responds! I think that the problem was the mouse sensor being dirty. I didnt see any kind of trash on it but i cleaned it anyways.

Ralston18

Titan
Try reinstalling the mouse drivers.

Download via Logitech's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Are you using Logitech's Gaming Software - you may need to reinstall it as well.

Doublecheck the configuration settings first. If all seems well then reinstall.

Failing that, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Are you using dual monitors?

n.nasoulas

Reputable
Apr 18, 2018
Try reinstalling the mouse drivers.

Download via Logitech's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Are you using Logitech's Gaming Software - you may need to reinstall it as well.

Doublecheck the configuration settings first. If all seems well then reinstall.

Failing that, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Are you using dual monitors?

Ive already done everything that you said. In 2 days ill have another mouse to test in case its only this one. The mouse works fine most of the time. I can flick and stuff but somethimes it just freezes for 0.5 to 2 seconds.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Just use only one at a time.

Do as much as you can with the mouse without touching the left side of the monitor screen.

Watch the tool (Task Manager or Resource Monitor) to get a sense of system performance and activity.

Then deliberately touch the left side. Look for some change or reaction within whichever diagnostic tool you are using.

Reliability History and/or Event Viewer may also be capturing some error code or warning. Worth a look.

n.nasoulas

Reputable
Apr 18, 2018
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Just use only one at a time.

Do as much as you can with the mouse without touching the left side of the monitor screen.

Watch the tool (Task Manager or Resource Monitor) to get a sense of system performance and activity.

Then deliberately touch the left side. Look for some change or reaction within whichever diagnostic tool you are using.

Reliability History and/or Event Viewer may also be capturing some error code or warning. Worth a look.
the problem started when i got my 750 ti. I checked both of what you said and there are a bunch of errors but i dont know what i am looking for.

Ralston18

Titan
What are the errors? Any numeric codes, any references to some application or process?

Does the same error constantly occur or are there varying error codes with differing counts of each?

Overall, varying errors and multiple occurrences are a sign of a faltering/failing PSU.

Especially if the new GPU is demanding just even momentary power levels that the PSU cannot satisfy.

n.nasoulas

Reputable
Apr 18, 2018

Ive been using the mouse all day and it has not stuttered. Not even once. With that said i thing that its all good now. Thank you for the responds! I think that the problem was the mouse sensor being dirty. I didnt see any kind of trash on it but i cleaned it anyways.

Solution