Mouse hardly moves up and down, works fine side to side

Status
Not open for further replies.

evisnetni

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Hi there!

Today I woke up and booted up my computer to find that my mouse has a problem. It can hardly move up and down anymore, it's incredibly slow. Side to side works fine, but it can hardly go up or down. I turned my computer off late last night and it was all fine, nothing has changed at all with the mouse. I have tried to use it on two different computers, restarting endless times and even tried a system restore grasping onto hopes something would work. I have also tried other mice (two different kinds) and they both work. This makes me think my mouse has just died.

The mouse in question is a Feenix Nascita and it cost me a fair bit a couple of years ago, so if I could fix it it would be great, rather than looking for a new mouse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Well, you tried all the things I would recommend. Have you tried rolling back or reinstalling driver? Unless you want to take it apart and maybe clean it out see if anything is in the way of the optical sensor, but that's up to you.

If it's a few years old, then it might just be it's time :( As the ol' saying goes, "They don't make em' like they used to"

I got somehow "trapped" into the Razer Naga three years ago, I've had to buy a new one each year so far, but I'm putting a stop to it now. There are very few series of mice anymore which are 85-100% reliable even if you spend $100 on them. I think it'd be a better approach to buy $30-50 mice instead.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful :( hope it's something to do with the drivers.

jaraldo

Honorable
Well, you tried all the things I would recommend. Have you tried rolling back or reinstalling driver? Unless you want to take it apart and maybe clean it out see if anything is in the way of the optical sensor, but that's up to you.

If it's a few years old, then it might just be it's time :( As the ol' saying goes, "They don't make em' like they used to"

I got somehow "trapped" into the Razer Naga three years ago, I've had to buy a new one each year so far, but I'm putting a stop to it now. There are very few series of mice anymore which are 85-100% reliable even if you spend $100 on them. I think it'd be a better approach to buy $30-50 mice instead.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful :( hope it's something to do with the drivers.

Solution

AugustInt

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014

We've just released our first gaming mouse, if you'd like a test sample to review, let me know and I'll get one sent out to you.

May 15, 2018
I found this after searching for a while on another site. It seemed to dumb to be true, but grab a q-tip and just clean off the sensor. Mine looked completely clean, but after wiping it off, the mouse working SO much better in the horizontal direction (never had any vertical problems)

Reactions: ztimster
Sep 3, 2019
Maybe this should be different question. If mouse gaming with ridiculus shape with crazy things could it die sooner?

It off subject but other reason I no buy gear that is too gaming is I try to bring girls home. If gear look like loser that not helpings what I really is wantings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS