Mouse Hit Invisible wall when going back and fourth between monitors requiring lots of speed to get over

SlayerWezz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
I have 3 monitors. My main one being a 28" 4k monitor and then two more on the left and right of this that is a 24" 1920 x 1080p. When going between my 28" and 24", it is like I am hitting an invisible wall when trying to get over. Any way to fix this?

I found this on an older thread with no answer: "OK the problem I've seen involves different size monitors running different resolutions. The mouse pointer gets stuck in the corners because it hits an invisible wall. Test this by placing your pointer in the middle of the screen and then move horizontally to the other monitor. Does the pointer move correctly?"

When you run multiple monitors, Windows thinks the monitors all have the same pixel size. So if your main monitor is 4k, Windows thinks its huge compared to the 1080p monitors on the left and right. Consequently, the spot where your mouse can transfer over to the side monitor is smaller than the physical size of the 1080p monitors. Because that's where Windows thinks the side monitors "attach" to your main monitor.

Yeah, this is something Microsoft needs to fix by making Windows aware of the physical size of the monitors, not just their resolution. In the meantime, just be aware that the "hotspot" for moving your mouse over to the side monitors is smaller than you think they are.

SlayerWezz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

So there is no work around or fix for this currently?

Does it happen when just moving the mouse over or when you are dragging a window across? If you mean when dragging a window that is normal. That is the snap feature (don't know the actual name of it). So you can try to turn that off if it only happens when dragging windows.

SlayerWezz

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

It also happens when I am just moving the mouse back and forth between screens