Mouse is heating up.

Subhodeep_1

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
My Razer Deathadder mouse is getting heated up with usage of about 1-2 hours. I previously used this with my laptop for long periods but this never happened. My motheboard is Asus A68HM k.
I have connected it to a usb 3.0 port. (p.s- i dont use the drivers of the mouse as they waste a lot of cpu and ram space).Please give some idea regarding this.

Solution
I've never heard of something like this before but is it possible that your motherboard has a quick charge USB port used to charge phones faster and that is the port your mouse is plugged into? Increased amps to the port could explain the excess heat. Otherwise does another mouse plugged into the same port do the same thing?

LilDog1291

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
I've never heard of something like this before but is it possible that your motherboard has a quick charge USB port used to charge phones faster and that is the port your mouse is plugged into? Increased amps to the port could explain the excess heat. Otherwise does another mouse plugged into the same port do the same thing?

Solution