Mouse is recognized and moves around but will not click

Its Jack

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
[OS = Windows 7}

I was in the middle of playing a game when suddenly I couldn't click. I thought it was a weird setting so I restarted the game but realized I couldn't click on my desktop either. When I did a hard restart on my computer the mouse moved around but when I clicked there was just a feedback sound as if I was had clicked the function key on the lock screen, that ding. I tried other ports and same issue. Other mouses have worked as well so I believe it might be the hardware?. The mouse is a logitech 6300s.

Solution
Problem seems to be with the mouse then. Only two things come to mind. One is an I/O issue which you can't do anything about. The other is a mechanical issue, such as the left mouse button actuator getting stuck in the pressed position. That one is usually intermittent as people click over and over, freeing and re-sticking it. Which means it generally keeps happening. If it's under warranty I'd definitely RMA. If it's out of warranty, it might be worth taking the actuator apart to see if the contacts are bent.

Its Jack

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015

I cannot right click either, when on another computer there is the same issue. The mouse moves around and when clicks makes a dinging noise.

Problem seems to be with the mouse then. Only two things come to mind. One is an I/O issue which you can't do anything about. The other is a mechanical issue, such as the left mouse button actuator getting stuck in the pressed position. That one is usually intermittent as people click over and over, freeing and re-sticking it. Which means it generally keeps happening. If it's under warranty I'd definitely RMA. If it's out of warranty, it might be worth taking the actuator apart to see if the contacts are bent.

Solution

Its Jack

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015

Thanks!