Question Mouse is too fast no matter what settings I use ?

P0tluck94

Commendable
Nov 22, 2021
Hello again so i recently upgraded my mouse, keyboard and monitor, and ever since then my mouse is either extremely fast or to slow, i'll post what i upgraded from below after pc specs.

Pc specs are:
Ryzen 5800X3D
asus rog strix B550 mobo
4070ti super
thermaltake gf3 850 gold psu
drives are mushkin 5400 speed OS 1 tb drive, 7400 speed 2 tb game drive
3600 cl 16 ram by mushkin
arctic freezer 2 360 aio
lian li fans
nzxt h7 flow case

Upgrades:
Upgraded from a logitech gpro superlite 1 to a logitech gpro superlite 2 (superlite1 is 1000 polling superlite 2 is up to 4000 hrtz)
swapped out my asus tuf 1440 p 144 hrtz 27" monitor for an alienware 27" 280 hrtz 1440p monitor ( asus is now my secondary monitor )
keyboard upgraded from steelseries pro tkl( old model) to 2023 version of steelseries pro tkl with magnetic switches.

every since i upgraded it feels like my mouse is not correctly set up but ive checked it with the web mouse-sensitivity website and also the program called mouse movement recorder , in cod with my asus monitor and my superlite 1 on 1600 dpi and 3 in game sense everything was extremely fluid but not anymore even on that mouse it feels way to fast but vertical feels slow , it takes me about 4" to do a 360 where my old mouse it took me about 8" BUT if i turn the settings down by say just one it makes the mouse feel extremely slow, in windows alone the mouse is great ( have to turn it down) i have tried using 1000 hrtz all the way to 4000hrtz i know the higher the hrtz the faster as far as precision but it didnt make a change .

i dont know how to explain it , but theres no happy medium and sometimes it feels like the mouse "floats" like the cursor doesnt track with the mouse
windows settings are 6/11 or 10/20
no acceleration enabled in windows or in the game.
in ghub i have lift off distance set to low in advanced options (no idea what that even is)
and i have gaming surface enabled (tried on/off/auto)
mousepad is corsair XXL
is it just all the things i upgraded at once where i have to get used to it or is there a secret setting im missing somewhere ?
windows scaling is 100%

i can play any other game fine but not cod my aim is horrific compared to my old stuff before upgrading. as i Said i dont know how to word it very well so sorry if i confused people.

is it a setting or is it me ?

View: https://imgur.com/a/U66JAdE

Last edited: