Question Mouse Issue (hard to explain video below) ((DESKTOP))

Jun 17, 2019
Hello,

I've had this mouse issue for quite some time now and it's just frustrating me SO MUCH and I need to find a fix. I have tried a LOT of things I found online with no success. I have not reformatted my computer but i'm strongly considering it even though i'm not 100% sure it will fix my issue.

Here is a twitch clip of what it's doing :
View:
View: https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsySpunkyYakOhMyDog

It's kind of hard to understand even with a video but i'm making the same movement at the start and at the end of the clip (going from right to left. If you pay attention you'll see that my mouse will stay on the left side even though my movement IRL doesn't change.. This has been happening for like 6+ months at random times ( I had a razer deathadder before but I just changed mouse to a logitech g303 two days ago and it's still doing it.

If anyone can fix this issue I will literally love you forever.

If you want my PC specs here they are: http://prntscr.com/o35004

Hardware:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Mouse: Logitech G303
Headset: Steelseries Arctis 7

All my drivers are up to date.. I even did a BIOS update yesterday to see if that would do anything in some way.

Help :(

Thanks,

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

You have tried "a lot of things". Please be more specific - what were those "things"?

Have you tried, for example, downloading the applicable mouse drivers via the manufacturer's website and then reinstalling and reconfiguring the mouse.

Have you tried your mouse on another known working computer?

Have you tried another known working mouse on your computer?

Determine if the problem follows the mouse or stays with your computer. (Which does appear to be the case as two mice have had the same problem.)

Does the "movement" occur all the time, only in games, or only in some games?

Jun 17, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

You have tried "a lot of things". Please be more specific - what were those "things"?

Have you tried, for example, downloading the applicable mouse drivers via the manufacturer's website and then reinstalling and reconfiguring the mouse.

Have you tried your mouse on another known working computer?

Have you tried another known working mouse on your computer?

Determine if the problem follows the mouse or stays with your computer. (Which does appear to be the case as two mice have had the same problem.)

Hi sorry about that I just updated my post with more information.. as for what I tried well I literally googled whatever I thought could help like: Mouse fix windows 10, mouse bug etc and followed the steps with no success..

I tried redownloading the drivers multiple times yes but I also just changed mouse two days ago and it's still happening.

Have you tried your mouse on another known working computer? Have you tried another known working mouse on your computer?

I have not but since I just changed mouse I don't think it's really needed.

This happens anywhere on my computer not just in games.

Ralston18

Titan
Okay: you still have some things that can be done.

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor. Take close look at the information being presented and learn how to navigate around.

Just watch and try to avoid the mouse "movement" event. Then, after you get a sense of the normal behavior, work with the mouse and see if you can get the "movement" to reoccur. Watch what happens with respect to system performance and behavior.

Be sure to check the Startup tab in Task Manager: Look for some unexplained app that is being launched at startup and perhaps causing problems.

Jun 17, 2019

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor. Take close look at the information being presented and learn how to navigate around.

Just watch and try to avoid the mouse "movement" event. Then, after you get a sense of the normal behavior, work with the mouse and see if you can get the "movement" to reoccur. Watch what happens with respect to system performance and behavior.

Be sure to check the Startup tab in Task Manager: Look for some unexplained app that is being launched at startup and perhaps causing problems.

I'm assuming you mean the performance tab to see if there's anything going on as the bug happens? I have cleaned my startup programs already and it did not help :( I'll try and look @ the task manager/ressource monitor and reply back.

Jun 17, 2019

I'm trying to reproduce it but right now it just won't lol... I was reading on some other stuff and could it be a DPI related problem? Now that I think about it I never had this problem until like 6 months to a year ago where I went from 1800 DPI to 800 for FPS games.

Edit:* I just got it to do it and I didn't see anything different in both ressource monitor & task manager. I also tried to switch my mouse pointer speed to 5/11 instead of 6/11 since I read it was better that way. This sucks :(

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Intermittent problems are difficult to diagnose and solve.

I.e., hardware, software, configuration....

I re-watched the video and attempted to rationalize some reason for that cursor behavior.

Majority of movement is left - right versus up - down. That may be a clue.

I would not go forward with any full system reinstall or reformatting.

Power off, unplug, and open the case. Check all connections and seatings.

Take a careful look around the USB ports - may be some loose connection or touching that very briefly "imitates" mouse movements. May come and go with temperature or vibrations.

Especially if the behavior is occuring with more than one mouse.

Key is to be able to reproduce the behavior by changing just one "thing". Then you will know the source of the problem.

Jun 17, 2019
Intermittent problems are difficult to diagnose and solve.

I.e., hardware, software, configuration....

I re-watched the video and attempted to rationalize some reason for that cursor behavior.

Majority of movement is left - right versus up - down. That may be a clue.

I would not go forward with any full system reinstall or reformatting.

Power off, unplug, and open the case. Check all connections and seatings.

Take a careful look around the USB ports - may be some loose connection or touching that very briefly "imitates" mouse movements. May come and go with temperature or vibrations.

Especially if the behavior is occuring with more than one mouse.

Key is to be able to reproduce the behavior by changing just one "thing". Then you will know the source of the problem.

Thanks for the reply.. I actually figured it out but I ended up reformatting anyways since I haven't done it in a while. It's the silliest thing ever LOL... My table had a slight bump in it and when the mouse would go over said bump the issue would happen.. I didn't notice it at 1600 dpi cuz I wouldn't move my mouse as much but at 800 i'd have to do bigger movements..