Question Mouse Issue - Light Permanently Bright, Mouse Unresponsive

NathW90

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2016
Got a new wireless mouse yesterday. Was fine for a few hours but it's suddenly stopped working.

The cursor suddenly disappeared from the screen and the mouse now does nothing. I've also noticed that the red light is now permanently bright. Usually its bright for a split second when turning on and then dims. I've tried different batteries, moving the USB dongle to another slot. Nothing. It's part of a set with a keyboard and the keyboard is fine so it's not the dongle anyway.

Am I to assume it's simply faulty and dead?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the mouse in question? If it's part of a bundle/combo, pass the info along. If the combo is by a lesser known brand and was super duper cheap, then yes it might've just conked out on you. Try and use the mouse on other systems and see if the issue is isolated to the mouse itslef.

NathW90

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2016
Make and model of the mouse in question? If it's part of a bundle/combo, pass the info along. If the combo is by a lesser known brand and was super duper cheap, then yes it might've just conked out on you. Try and use the mouse on other systems and see if the issue is isolated to the mouse itslef.

This is the set:

https://www.trust.com/en/product/24079-ymo-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-set

Have tried on another PC. Same problem. The light on the bottom of the mouse is just always fully bright, even when the PC is off and the dongle is disconnected.

TRENDING THREADS