Question Mouse issues in Older GTA games

person31

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Hi, I have bought the bundle of 3 GTA games (San Andreas, Vice City and III) from steam a few months back and when I try and play them I find that the mouse has no control in the game. So if I move the mousenothing happens on the screen. I also cannot select things by clicking or do anything with the scroll wheel. I also downloaded a second copy of San Andreas directly from Rockstar when they were doing the free promotion not so long back. I have the same problems with this as well. I have looked online and people seem to think it's to do with my OS. I have tried downloading fixes that many people have said works well but I have had no success. On my other computer which also had Windows 10 I had a copy of San Andreas from Piratebay which worked well with no problems. I use my current PC for work so I would much rather get my games from a legit and guaranteed safe source.

Would it be a good idea to create a Windows XP virtual machine and install it on that? I have read many things about not having an XP computer connected to the internet due to security but I would try and minimize the amount of time it's connected?

My PC specs:
RX570
Fx8350
8gb RAM
1tb HDD

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have san andreas from steam and windows 10 and my mouse was recognized right away without me having to do anything.

Do you have a normal mouse?! If it's some weird gamer or otherwise special mouse it might have drivers that don't work well with (older)games