Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own - usually after playing games for about 30 minutes

Michael_293

Commendable
May 15, 2016
Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the trackpad accidentally, but it carried on even when I wasn't touching the PC. I even unplugged my physical mouse and the problem continued. Later on I checked, and my trackpad had been disabled the entire time.

Eventually I deleted my mouse drivers for the trackpad and the physical mouse, updated windows, and restarted the computer.

Now the problem is much better, but still remains in a slightly different form - the cursor jumps around and moves slightly upwards almost constantly. Before it was a problem with the scroll, now the cursor itself is moving.

I fired up Endless Legend again and noticed that the jumping was more intense while I was playing. When I closed the game down the cursor stopped moving and is now (almost) completely still.

Really strange. Does anyone have any ideas about this one?

Michael_293

Commendable
May 15, 2016

My GPU temp was going up to about 90 degrees celcuis, though I'm not sure if thats good, bad, or normal.

I didn't try lowering the graphics, because this is happening on games where I've never had a problem before. This just started one day out of the blue.