Mouse & Keyboard doesnt work, not even in safe mode

Feb 21, 2018
Earlier I installed windows 7, everything worked out fine however after getting my network driver to work and I started installing programs such as Geforce Experience, ESEA, Steam & Discord, I got a popup in the bottom right saying that drivers starting installing, as soon as I got that little popup my keyboard and mouse stopped working and the leds stopped lighting up.

I tried methods listed in other posts, none of them seemed to work .

Solution
I had a problem of the sort with windows 10 some times back, and then after restarting it for the 4th time I got distracted by life, and left the computer alone for about 2 hours, and when I got back it seems the issue solved itself. maybe start pc, leave it connected to internet and go to bed and see in the morning
other idea;

start computer without mouse and keyboard, once windows is loaded, p[lug in mouse and keyboard in a different port than you used before (preferable USB 2.0 not 3.0 (black not blue connector tip) and see if the OS will reload driver properly.
I had a problem of the sort with windows 10 some times back, and then after restarting it for the 4th time I got distracted by life, and left the computer alone for about 2 hours, and when I got back it seems the issue solved itself. maybe start pc, leave it connected to internet and go to bed and see in the morning
other idea;

start computer without mouse and keyboard, once windows is loaded, p[lug in mouse and keyboard in a different port than you used before (preferable USB 2.0 not 3.0 (black not blue connector tip) and see if the OS will reload driver properly.

Solution
Feb 21, 2018

I tried both of these, didnt work