Question Mouse/keyboard functions are delayed when monitor wakes up ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
So before the monitor goes to sleep mode, I like do some typing or scrolling on the browser. After waking it up from sleep mode, the text page and scrolling do not respond instantly and either take time to respond back or that I have to click something else like the menu tab to make it go back to usual.

How to make it so that it instantly responds like how it does [did] earlier?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Brave uses Chromium
I wonder if Edge is the latest version, as its chromium
I bet Chrome would have same problem.
Opera uses chromium, just thought I mention it... hard to avoid chromium now.

IE probably works fine
Firefox doesn't use chromium.

So its a chromium bug. (I seem to have patterns, never answer any questions on something before and then in week get it twice... I helped another person with a random chromium bug this week. Not the same though.)

Did you try the proxy settings thing? Since they all share same engine, the only differences are where they hide menus and some have extra features.

til there is a white screen of death... I can't see anything to suggest. i will look harder tomorrow.

just use Firefox unless you prefer the others.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Brave uses Chromium
I wonder if Edge is the latest version, as its chromium
I bet Chrome would have same problem.
Opera uses chromium, just thought I mention it... hard to avoid chromium now.

IE probably works fine
Firefox doesn't use chromium.

So its a chromium bug. (I seem to have patterns, never answer any questions on something before and then in week get it twice... I helped another person with a random chromium bug this week. Not the same though.)

Did you try the proxy settings thing? Since they all share same engine, the only differences are where they hide menus and some have extra features.

til there is a white screen of death... I can't see anything to suggest. i will look harder tomorrow.

just use Firefox unless you prefer the others.

I can't find out how to turn off proxy settings in brave as they don't have that option. But do let me know if you found any solution. This is really an annoying bug as it's not just youtube but you can't even scroll up or down or continue writing on posts on any site until after a while. If you have those browsers, maybe you can test it to see if the issue happens to you as well(just saying so then it'd be easier to find out what's causing it.)

I can't believe no one has come across this bug! But thank you so much for your help in this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Well, i just put pc to sleep and woke it up and chrome lets me type right away. (I don't use sleep, I just found my ram rgb stays on while PC is asleep. )
I don't have Brave, its proxy settings might be on here - https://community.brave.com/t/how-to-set-up-proxy-in-brave-browser/182432

have you got latest version of each browser? i know in chrome you click the 2 dots, click Help/about google chrome to check updates, not sure about the others. Edge is the same as Chrome, menu names may vary

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Well, i just put pc to sleep and woke it up and chrome lets me type right away. (I don't use sleep, I just found my ram rgb stays on while PC is asleep. )
I don't have Brave, its proxy settings might be on here - https://community.brave.com/t/how-to-set-up-proxy-in-brave-browser/182432

have you got latest version of each browser? i know in chrome you click the 2 dots, click Help/about google chrome to check updates, not sure about the others. Edge is the same as Chrome, menu names may vary

No you have to open up any tab that you can scroll up or down or a tab that you can write something, then put the monitor to sleep(Not the PC sleep) and wait for a while. After some time, wake up the monitor and then check if you can scroll up or down at that instant point?

And yes its the latest version which is 1.20.103 for brave. I turned off all options in proxy and the issue still persists.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't use fast startup as I have an nvme. its only really handy it you have a hdd, as it makes them look faster. Ssd or faster are already fast enough to not notice. I doubt it could speed up my boot times.

If you had asked 5 hours ago I had to go out for a while, I could have then.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
i don't use fast startup as I have an nvme. its only really handy it you have a hdd, as it makes them look faster. Ssd or faster are already fast enough to not notice. I doubt it could speed up my boot times.

If you had asked 5 hours ago I had to go out for a while, I could have then.

Have you found anything on it? It's been a while so I'm just asking.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020

Colif

Win 11 Master
I just ran chrome and edge on youtube, let screen go to sleep... waited a few minutes, woke them up. Everything worked as normal.

So its not the user, what version of windows 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver
and press enter
current is 20H2

Not sure if its windows to blame, It is odd you are only person with it.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
I just ran chrome and edge on youtube, let screen go to sleep... waited a few minutes, woke them up. Everything worked as normal.

So its not the user, what version of windows 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver
and press enter
current is 20H2

Not sure if its windows to blame, It is odd you are only person with it.
Version 20H2( OS Build 19042.804)

Colif

Win 11 Master
If the cause is Windows, then a repair install might fix it. All it does is rolls windows back to base build of 20H2, and then all you are missing are the cumulative updates. You don't lose anything else.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

If its Chromium. I don't know, use Firefox. It is not a common problem or I would have seen it before. Or I would be able to find other examples.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
If the cause is Windows, then a repair install might fix it. All it does is rolls windows back to base build of 20H2, and then all you are missing are the cumulative updates. You don't lose anything else.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

If its Chromium. I don't know, use Firefox. It is not a common problem or I would have seen it before. Or I would be able to find other examples.

Ok...thanks for the help though. Please let me know if you happen to have found any fix whenever you can.