Question Mouse & keyboard randomly stop working

fchiabudini

Prominent
Jul 24, 2019
It's been two days since my mouse and keyboard stopped working. First time it happened while playing CS:GO. I restarted my pc and the issue fixed for a while, but then reappeared. Then I notices that changing the usb port to where the peripherals were connected temporarily solved the issue, but a couple of minutes after they would stop working again. The problem persisted until I plugged my mouse and keyboard to the blue ports (USB 3). The keyboard works fine but the mouse, although it works, suffers short freezing moments and then moves again, making it impossible to play games because of the inconsistency. Here is a list of fixes I tried:
-Deleting and reinstalling both usb and peripherals drivers
-Plugging other devices to the ports where the peripherals were connected (they all worked find)
-Running the System File Checker
-Restarting the computer many times (including turning it off and pulling off the power cord for a couple of seconds)

I assume it's a software issue, since my mouse is pretty new, and both mouse and keyboard were working fine till yesterday. I don't get it. Maybe I should try plugging them in other computer just to eliminate options, but I don't think they are the problem.

Any suggestions???
Mouse is a Logitech G300S and keyboard is a generic Genius.
PC specs:
i3 3220 3.3ghz
8gb ram
Asus P8Z77M mobo
geforce 950 video card
250 gb ssd and 1tb hard drive

Thanks in advance

fchiabudini

Prominent
Jul 24, 2019
Yes test them on another system. You can also try checking for a newer BIOS and chipset driver.
I tested the mouse in another computer and it works fine, but i think i didn"t test it for long enough, not even in a game, just doing browsing stuff for like five minutes. Also, I tried another mouse on my pc and it seemes to work, I even played an entire csgo match with it. I even reinstalled a new fresh Windows, but it did nothing to fix the issue.
I will try those things you say and if they don't work I'll justo buy a new mouse.
Thanks!