[SOLVED] Mouse lag on first boot of PC until restart

Feb 25, 2019
I have been getting severe mouse lag/delay on certain games when I first boot my PC or when it has been on for a while. The only thing that works is a restart and I am perfect. I noticed this happening a bit after I turned off pointer precision. The two games I experience this mouse lag on is Fortnite and Apex Legends. League of Legends works fine at all points.

My FPS is, for the most part, completely normal when I am playing, but I will experience mouse lag that I can only describe as my monitor running at 60 fps, but my mouse feels like I'm running it at 30. I have a logitech G502 and it is calibrated to my mousepad. I have HWMonitor installed and have been running it when I can.

My specs are
H81M P33
i5 4590
Cooler Master Fan (no clue which one)
1TB HDD
128GB SSD (which both Fortnite and Apex Legends are installed, have swapped them back and forth to test as well)

I noted that my CPU temps are hovering from 30 idle to 55-60 under stress. My GPU temps are 40C idle and 65-70 under stress.
Also worth mentioning that I will run UserBenchmarks and 1/3 of the time my GPU will be underperforming, 1/3 of the time it's perfect, and 1/3 of the time the CPU is underperforming.

Things I have tried doing:
  • Reinstalling Drivers
  • Turning off Windows Fast Boot
  • Moving the games from HDD to SSD
  • Messing with NVidia settings on the game (mostly vsync related)
  • Reinstalled said games
  • Disabled Game Bar/ Game Mode
  • Free'd up space
  • CCCleaner
  • MalwareBytes

Condensed : Mouse lag in games (even fps lag rarely) when I start the pc or it's been on a while. Have tried the above and need help.

Solution
Few things to check:
-a background program slowing it down. Some of logitech and razer's programs can make hardware buggy when they're open. Or maybe a recent program you downloaded automatically starts up in the background. think back to the last things you installed before this happened
-any tabs open behind the game (not minimized)
-if you have a g-sync monitor, make sure v-sync is off in the video settings (you probably did this)
-double check that the games are set to full screen, not border less window
-make sure you have updated ALL possible culprits (Graphics card drivers, mouse drivers, motherboard drivers, windows updates, etc.)
-try a different USB port
-mess around with the DPI and polling settings for your mouse
-Try...

Mscholtes

Reputable
Aug 10, 2017
Few things to check:
-a background program slowing it down. Some of logitech and razer's programs can make hardware buggy when they're open. Or maybe a recent program you downloaded automatically starts up in the background. think back to the last things you installed before this happened
-if you have a g-sync monitor, make sure v-sync is off in the video settings (you probably did this)
-make sure you have updated ALL possible culprits (Graphics card drivers, mouse drivers, motherboard drivers, windows updates, etc.)
-Try playing with nothing else open but the game.

Just some possibles causes off of the top of my head, if one of them isn't the cause then I'll think harder :geek:

Last edited:
Solution
Feb 25, 2019
Few things to check:
-Try playing with nothing else open but the game.

Just some possibles causes off of the top of my head, if one of them isn't the cause then I'll think harder :geek:
Thanks for the reply. I have tried with all background programs closed. I do not have g sync monitor and I tried both USB 3.0 and normal USB both in front of and behind my PC. All drivers updated. Changed polling settings from low to high and back.