Mouse lag out of nowhere.

Bmann78

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
So far I've gone through 2 mouses. I have never ever had a problem with mouse lag then recently out of nowhere it started happening. I haven't installed any new drivers or updates. It happens randomly when navigating desktop, the internet, programs, etc. When it does kick in it usually stays for awhile. I have no idea how to identify the problem? I bought a new mouse but the lag still continues.

Bmann78

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
So I ran memtest on both sticks of ram separately, 9 passes each and they turned up no errors. I've even tried a wired mouse. The problem use to hardlock my PC, then a friend had me turn off the hdd to never and that stopped the hardlocks when the lag would happen and I haven't had a crash since, but the lag still comes and goes. I have a crucial ssd, that as far as I can tell from various test, is not faulty.

Sorry to necro my own thread but didn't want to clutter up the forums.

Bmann78

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
Necroing my thread again as the problem still persist. I've monitored temps and everything has shown fine and I've also checked my HDD and SSD which also show fine. A friend suggested it could be bad ram, but memtest showed the ram was fine, he also suggested the HDD or SSD could be failing, but again they tested fine. One thing I should note is that if I bring up the task manager( performance tab mostly ) when the lag comes it "seems" to actually stop the lag 9 times out of 10.

Bmann78

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2013
Necroing again as the problem persists but I have some new, hopefully helpful info. I started using a wired mouse( same brand ) and noticed it was disconnecting and reconnecting when the problem was happening, I only know this because of the beeps it was making, however the wireless mice made no such beeps. Also I have an xbox controller hooked up that never has a problem, I also have a pen and tablet that never has a problem( i.e. no severe cursor lag, etc with either ). I went and bought a new mouse( new brand and drivers and all ) but the problem is still here. I read that on windows 10 an update for the xbox controller was causing similar issues, but I'm on windows 7, but decided to uninstall the xbox controller drivers regardless and there is no change. Any help or theories would greatly be appreciated.