Question Mouse lag/stutter/jitter when looking around in games. Only smooth on controller why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chedda blok

Prominent
Mar 3, 2020
Ok so I just built a pc a few days ago and been pulling my hair out about this issue. When I look around with my mouse in any games there is a significant jitter and doesnt look smooth at all. Controller works fine. I spent 6 hours last night troubleshooting this issue and combing forums looking for an answer. I've seen this issue as early as 2010 and no one has seemed to solve it.

Here are my specs as well as what I've tried:

Ryzen 7 2700 cpu
Asus strix rtx 2060 GPU
Corsair vengeance rgb pro ram 32gb
Asus strix b450-f gaming mobo
Corsair cx550 psu
Kingston 480 GB sata
Seagate 1tb sata
Corsair h100i liquid cpu cooler
Aoc cq27g1 monitor

I've done every mouse setting possible from dpi, control panel settings, uninstalling drivers and rolling back drivers.tried different mouse.In game mouse settings. Every combination of vsync and gsync settings. Uninstalling nvidia driver and loaded an older one. Turing off Cortana and antivirus. Last ditch effort I found a forum where a guy replaced everything in his system as well as building a new one and when he moved to a new place that fixed it. So today I brought my system to my parents house thinking it might be a electrical issue because I have an older house and that didnt work. I dont know what to do i just wanna play with keyboard and mouse. Next I'm thinking of wiping my computer factory reset and reinstalling windows. Any advice or more troubleshooting methods would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Chedda blok

Prominent
Mar 3, 2020
So I found someone with similar issue and they fixed it by reinstalling windows but downloading drivers first before windows updates so I'll see if this works

update: tried this too and still no dice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.