Question Mouse Lag (With a twist)

Feb 21, 2019
Okay so I say mouse lag but since I'm pretty sure a lot of you may misunderstand, allow me to make it clear what I mean.

I play a game called Osu! which is a rhythm game. Long Story short, in the game I have to usually snap my cursor from point A to point B on the screen (Distance may vary) to hit a game object, Kinda like snap aiming in CS:GO.

So here's the problem. When my performance is (or was now) at peak condition, when I snap my mouse from Point A to point B, it takes a short interval of time (say 'x' seconds)
But now, snapping between the same 2 points takes a bit more time i.e. I snap my mouse and stop but the cursor hasn't reached the intended point B until some time after I've stopped. (The cursor does reach the intended point B btw, there's nothing wrong with my aim.)

This delay isn't long. It's pretty much in milliseconds but even milliseconds matter in a precise game like osu!

I have checked and double checked my mouse latency, refresh rate, drivers, driver updates, etc. There's absolutely no change.

I have a Redgear X12 Pro mouse which boasts an Avago sensor and my laptop is more than decent enough for a game like osu!

What could the problem be?

P.S : I did try reconnecting the mouse so pls dont tell me to do that XD

Phazoner

Distinguished
I think I had the same problem with my laptop but never tried to solve it as I stopped using it anymore. It felt like the laptop was "understanding" the mouse as a trackpad. I would try to remove the trackpad drivers and, if you want it, reinstalling them.

Feb 21, 2019
I think I had the same problem with my laptop but never tried to solve it as I stopped using it anymore. It felt like the laptop was "understanding" the mouse as a trackpad. I would try to remove the trackpad drivers and, if you want it, reinstalling them.

I have no trackpad drivers on my lappy tho.