Feb 21, 2021
So my mouse has been having issues for a while now and I'm not sure what to do. Every couple of minutes, the mouse cursor will stop moving for a split second. This gets annoying really quickly and messes me up while gaming or scrolling.
The following are some things that I have tried in order to fix it.
  • Updated/Reinstalled drivers such as display, mouse, keyboard, generic USB hub, the BIOS, even the chipset are up to date.
  • Tried different USB slots including the rear and front I/O and even a separate USB hub.
  • I have messed around with the power settings in the windows. (Things such as unchecking the option where windows can turn of a device and more)
  • I have tried a different mouse
  • Windows built troubleshooting is of no use
  • A memory test came back with no errors
  • All cables seem to be connected securely
PC SPECS:
Ryzen 5 2600x
MSI Gtx 1660 Gaming X
Asrock b450M steel legend
T-Force VulcanZ 2400Mhz 2x8GB
C drive: WD Black 250GB M.2
Mouse: Glorius Model-O

Solution
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any entries that you can associate with the mouse stopping. Any error codes, warnings, or even informational events.

Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager to observe system performance while using the mouse.

Observe with both tools but use only one at a time.

Watch for system changes of any sort that either precede or occur when the mouse cursor stops moving.

Watch for some application that may be running in the background and periodically trying to update, backup, or just phone home.

How full is that 250 GB M.2 drive?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any entries that you can associate with the mouse stopping. Any error codes, warnings, or even informational events.

Use Resource Monitor and Task Manager to observe system performance while using the mouse.

Watch for system changes of any sort that either precede or occur when the mouse cursor stops moving.

Watch for some application that may be running in the background and periodically trying to update, backup, or just phone home.

Solution
Feb 21, 2021

There are 41 gigs free of the M.2 drive.
My PSU was bought in 2019 and it is an EVGA 600 Bronze rated. I haven't had any known issues with it. I actually just checked the output from one of the Molex pins and it was right at the 5-watt mark. I run Xbox and Dragon center in the background along with a few others. I will try to monitor the Resource monitor/Task manager now so thanks for the idea.