Mouse lagging behind on slow sensitivity

dzemojad2002

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
Hello everyone.

I recently started to decrease my sensitivity to get more precise in shooter games, and when going below a certain level of sensitivity in game, the mouse seems to lag behind, almost as the response is delayed.

To explain this a bit better; lets say I flick my mouse from left to right and it takes me a second to do that, but it takes the cursor a few moments longer than it should, which is annoying as fast reaction times are then useless.

I play on 800 dpi, and 35 sensitivity in rainbow six (that's the point at which it doesn't lag).

Thank you for all your answers.

Solution
I've always seen it as two separate settings. What brand is the mouse? If there's a setting for which settings to use if a game is detected, Operating System or mouse driver's (Logitech has this), switch to the "other" one from whatever it is now.

dzemojad2002

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018
there is no mouse acceleration, there is only enhancing mouse and precision, which I think is the same thing

I've always seen it as two separate settings. What brand is the mouse? If there's a setting for which settings to use if a game is detected, Operating System or mouse driver's (Logitech has this), switch to the "other" one from whatever it is now.

Solution

dzemojad2002

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018

It's an "easterntimes tech wireless gaming mouse". There is no separate settings for it. What I will try to do, is get another mouse and check if the problem persists

They've gotten better, but a lot of people still don't trust wireless mice for gaming, as they are (or were) very prone to lag, possibly caused by interference. If you can, see if you can move or re-orient the receiver for the mouse and see if it makes a different. Otherwise, you might prefer a wired mouse for games.

dzemojad2002

Reputable
Jul 11, 2018

I was thinking about buying a new mouse anyway, so I might just get a wired one, thanks for the help.