Mouse lagging them completely freezing PC

40 cal banana

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Hey forum,
I desperately need some help with this issue.
Ive got a completely fresh install of windows 8.1 (I reinstalled due to this issue)
And my mouse randomly starts to lag for about 5 seconds then it freezes and my computer freezes along with it. Cant ctrl alt del, cant hear anything, cant do anything.
Cant really find anything in event viewer, but if someone can direct me then ill try my best to provide any information
Intel i7 3770k
Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty
Corsair 850w
xfx 280x in CF
16 gb Corsair 1600

Solution
if it is a USB mouse, unplug other usb devices, make sure your USB connection is not grounding out against the case.
It can cause the usb port to pull too much current, shutdown, reinitialize, pull too much current, shutdown ... over and over
puts in a nice lag.

-you might check device manager under the USB devices for errors
-you might download usbview.exe from the Microsoft windows debugging tools (get the standalone package)
it will show the status of all of the USB ports and any error they generate.

or you can unplug all of your other usb devices except your mouse/keyboard and see if you still have the problem.
you could even have a driver that is old and is grabbing interrupts intended for another device.

you can have two...
if it is a USB mouse, unplug other usb devices, make sure your USB connection is not grounding out against the case.
It can cause the usb port to pull too much current, shutdown, reinitialize, pull too much current, shutdown ... over and over
puts in a nice lag.

-you might check device manager under the USB devices for errors
-you might download usbview.exe from the Microsoft windows debugging tools (get the standalone package)
it will show the status of all of the USB ports and any error they generate.

or you can unplug all of your other usb devices except your mouse/keyboard and see if you still have the problem.
you could even have a driver that is old and is grabbing interrupts intended for another device.

you can have two devices both that can move the mouse, like a touch pad and a mouse or two mouse drivers, or a game controller software that transfers a joystick movement to a mouse movement.

in these cases boot up in safe mode and see if you still get the problem.

wireless mouse will drop its connection when the battery starts to fail or the distance to the dongle become too great.
it then has to reconnect, causing a lag.

Solution