[SOLVED] mouse lagging, too little power ?

shadowcat777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2019
OK so i have 2 pc's in my appartment and recently i ve noticed mouse lagging after loading programs or games.
it doesnt happen very often tho so its not really a serious problem. i have not noticed any difference in games.
my thought is however that my pc gets too little power because of the other pc running.
and i wonder might it be logical --- anyone that knows ?

My pc specs are =

Asus PRIME Z370-P motherboard.
i5 8600k cpu.
gtx 1070 ti gpu.
32 gb ddr4 3200mhz ram.
2 ssd disks and 1 hdd.

I hope that anyone who is educated/knowing this, will answer.
//

Solution
Ensure that all drivers are up-to-date and configured as applicable to your system and requirements.

Download any needed drivers via the manufacturer's website. Manually install and reconfigure. No third party tools to "manage" drivers.

A three year old PSU could be starting to show its' age.

And the drives need to be looked at: what is their capacity and how full is each one?

Continue working with Resource Monitor and Task Manager. There may be some unnecessary apps being launched at startup.

Overall the goal is to lighten the load on the CPU and GPU. Determine if doing so leads to any improvement.

shadowcat777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2019
"my thought is however that my pc gets too little power because of the other pc running".

Most improbable -- your apartment's electrical supply is/should be well able to cope with two computers running at the same time without one being affected by the other. Additionally, the power consumption of a mouse is extremely low anyway.
Ok thanks

Is it a wireless mouse? You could be getting some intermittent interference or working at the edge of it's range. They act a bit skittish when the signal is weak. It it is wireless. Move the receiver from the back to the front of the PC. If that will give a better line of sight. Cases are signal killers.

Reactions: shadowcat777

shadowcat777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2019
Hey guys. no its not a wireless mouse. i think the problem is rather that my OS is freezing which causes the mouse lag. it happens now and then when my windows is loading a program or a game. I ve not seen any problems in games though. i get fps drops however in some games (which are known to not be so well optimized.)

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the lags/freezing.

You can also use Resource Monitor or Task Manager to observe system performance. Get a sense of what your computer is doing (or trying to do) when programs and games are being loaded. Look for a bottleneck somewhere.

Also look for some app or process running in the background. Possibly launched at startup and trying to update, backup, or just "phone home".

What capacity drives and how full is each drive?

Next - PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Reactions: shadowcat777

shadowcat777

Honorable
Feb 23, 2019
Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the lags/freezing.

You can also use Resource Monitor or Task Manager to observe system performance. Get a sense of what your computer is doing (or trying to do) when programs and games are being loaded. Look for a bottleneck somewhere.

Also look for some app or process running in the background. Possibly launched at startup and trying to update, backup, or just "phone home".

What capacity drives and how full is each drive?

Next - PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?
I have this PSU Corsair RMX 750X Modular 80 PLUS GOLD V2

the task manager seems normal. just one notice that the GPU usage is low to abour 90% depending on the game. also the CPU usage in games is like 60-69%. so i wonder is this a bottleneck ???
maybe its the PSU???
this PC is about 3 years old.

I did not have any error logs and i dont get blue screens or crash in games, either

Ralston18

Titan
Ensure that all drivers are up-to-date and configured as applicable to your system and requirements.

Download any needed drivers via the manufacturer's website. Manually install and reconfigure. No third party tools to "manage" drivers.

A three year old PSU could be starting to show its' age.

And the drives need to be looked at: what is their capacity and how full is each one?

Continue working with Resource Monitor and Task Manager. There may be some unnecessary apps being launched at startup.

Overall the goal is to lighten the load on the CPU and GPU. Determine if doing so leads to any improvement.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS