Mouse Light On When Computer Shuts Down

boourns02

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
My mouse (CM Storm Devastator) light stays on when I shut my computer down. I checked out other answers and most of them centered around editing the bios, but I am not finding the option with my bios with my motherboard (ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150). Any ideas for where I could switch off mouse power when my computer is shut down? Currently I turn off the power strip that my computer is plugged into to turn off the mouse light, but I'd rather skip that step if possible.

Thanks!

If the mouse doesn't adhere to USB specifications (which seems to be the case), there is no way to "fix" it without disabling your USB ports (only at shutdown/sleep if the bios has that option). That would of course mean you can't use power on USB (press keyboard to start up), and it might cause other issues.

The mouse might stop lighting up if you plug it into a USB hub with sleep functions ("energy efficient " ones) though, so if you absolutely must use that ridiculously cheap looking thing, a hub might help.