Mouse motion- I'll get crazy!!!

Shaker

Distinguished
May 1, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I have Win 2000 server with dialup internet connection in home.
Sometimes the mouse pointer on the screen in moving alone left and right horizontally, while physically the Mouse does not.
So I thought that I have cretin Trojan file on my PC.
I cleared it and found one called adminU.dll.

After that I installed Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall. And I have reformatted the partition of HD where the server located, other partition kept as they are.

Even when I did the reinstallation Of win2000 The Mouse was moving. even there were not active Internet connection.

Now with Firewall, still sometimes facing same problem, even while off-line.

I need to know what to do, to ensure that there is no one is monitoring me, or hacking my desktop.
I thought for a while it could be done over the Mobile communication (So I trued it off really and kept same)
finally it could be an evil who doing this, ...

I'll get crazy, need your help

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

try a new mouse.

"Shaker" <Shaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Win 2000 server with dialup internet connection in home.
> Sometimes the mouse pointer on the screen in moving alone left and right
horizontally, while physically the Mouse does not.
> So I thought that I have cretin Trojan file on my PC.
> I cleared it and found one called adminU.dll.
>
> After that I installed Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall. And I have
reformatted the partition of HD where the server located, other partition
kept as they are.

> Even when I did the reinstallation Of win2000 The Mouse was moving. even
there were not active Internet connection.

> Now with Firewall, still sometimes facing same problem, even while
off-line.

> I need to know what to do, to ensure that there is no one is monitoring
me, or hacking my desktop.
> I thought for a while it could be done over the Mobile communication (So I
trued it off really and kept same)
> finally it could be an evil who doing this, ...
>
> I'll get crazy, need your help

Malke

Dave wrote:

> try a new mouse.
>
> "Shaker" <Shaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have Win 2000 server with dialup internet connection in home.
>> Sometimes the mouse pointer on the screen in moving alone left and
>> right
> horizontally, while physically the Mouse does not.
>> So I thought that I have cretin Trojan file on my PC.
>> I cleared it and found one called adminU.dll.
>>
>> After that I installed Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall. And I have
> reformatted the partition of HD where the server located, other
> partition kept as they are.
>>
>> Even when I did the reinstallation Of win2000 The Mouse was moving.
>> even
> there were not active Internet connection.
>>
>> Now with Firewall, still sometimes facing same problem, even while
> off-line.
>>
>> I need to know what to do, to ensure that there is no one is
>> monitoring
> me, or hacking my desktop.
>> I thought for a while it could be done over the Mobile communication
>> (So I
> trued it off really and kept same)
>> finally it could be an evil who doing this, ...
>>
>> I'll get crazy, need your help

Seriously, 1) if you have a wireless mouse, put in fresh batteries; 2)
if you have a special mouse, update the drivers; 3) check and see if
you have Speech Recognition turned on - I believe this might be an
Office option; I can't remember if Win2k has this Control Panel applet
or not like XP does; 4) if none of the above, try another mouse because
sometimes the mouse wire can get damaged.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Shaker

Distinguished
May 1, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Thanks,
But the wire-mouse(ordinary Microsoft with scrolling only) is recently bought(new),..

The strange thing I miss to mention is:
When sometimes I disable the NortonFirewall,..
Really saying: the mouse pointer moves to prevent me from doing that !!!!

Is there any more help.

"Shaker" wrote:

> I have Win 2000 server with dialup internet connection in home.
> Sometimes the mouse pointer on the screen in moving alone left and right horizontally, while physically the Mouse does not.
> So I thought that I have cretin Trojan file on my PC.
> I cleared it and found one called adminU.dll.
>
> After that I installed Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall. And I have reformatted the partition of HD where the server located, other partition kept as they are.
>
> Even when I did the reinstallation Of win2000 The Mouse was moving. even there were not active Internet connection.
>
> Now with Firewall, still sometimes facing same problem, even while off-line.
>
> I need to know what to do, to ensure that there is no one is monitoring me, or hacking my desktop.
> I thought for a while it could be done over the Mobile communication (So I trued it off really and kept same)
> finally it could be an evil who doing this, ...
>
> I'll get crazy, need your help

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Try a different Mouse. New Mouse can malfunction, too. Also, try the
crazy Mouse on a different computer.

> Thanks,
> But the wire-mouse(ordinary Microsoft with scrolling only) is
recently bought(new),..

> The strange thing I miss to mention is:
> When sometimes I disable the NortonFirewall,..
> Really saying: the mouse pointer moves to prevent me from doing that
!!!!

> Is there any more help.
>
> "Shaker" wrote:
>
> > I have Win 2000 server with dialup internet connection in home.
> > Sometimes the mouse pointer on the screen in moving alone left and
right horizontally, while physically the Mouse does not.
> > So I thought that I have cretin Trojan file on my PC.
> > I cleared it and found one called adminU.dll.
> >
> > After that I installed Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall. And I have
reformatted the partition of HD where the server located, other
partition kept as they are.

> > Even when I did the reinstallation Of win2000 The Mouse was
moving. even there were not active Internet connection.

> > Now with Firewall, still sometimes facing same problem, even while
off-line.

> > I need to know what to do, to ensure that there is no one is
monitoring me, or hacking my desktop.
> > I thought for a while it could be done over the Mobile
communication (So I trued it off really and kept same)
> > finally it could be an evil who doing this, ...
> >
> > I'll get crazy, need your help

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.security,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.security.virus,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

As your mouse is quite a new one, i think it has optical movement detection
(not the old fashioned ball).
I recommend to check the surface below the mouse. Some specially designed
mouse pads or just the furniture may cause the detection algorithm to "see"
movements, where there aren't some.

Max