Mouse Moves but Can't Click Any Elements. All Troubleshooting Failed So Far!

adams1208

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017
Specs

• Windows 10
    GTX 1070
    I7 6700K
    Logitech G502 Mouse
The Problem
I got a blue screen saying that my computer experienced an error and had to restart. After restart, I am unable to click on anything.

The keyboard works perfectly fine. The mouse will move around, but cannot click on elements. Scroll works, but right click does not.
If I use the windows key to launch Chrome, I am able to click on almost everything. Links, bookmarks, etc. However, as soon as I open task manager or go anywhere system related, I was unable to click. I am currently able to click on elements from the "Select a User" screen after startup.
Also, I am able to click on things on my desktop for a couple seconds right after I login into the user.

Things I have tried:
1) Created a new user.
- Everything works on the new user, including the mouse. The rules out mouse problems.
2) Ran /scannow
- Returned "No integrity[/listNum] violation"
3) Ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
4) Ran Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
5) Restarted file explorer
6) Started in Safe Mode
- Was unable to click on anything
7) Uninstalled Logitech Gaming Software

Please help! Worst comes to worst, I don't mind transferring everything over to the new user on my PC. This is a bit of a pain, but I'll do it if I have to. Any other options to try out before that?

The problem sounds like it begins right after the mouse driver takes over from the BIOS, so may need to be reinstalled by that user.

It will take awhile, but you can use keyboard-only to go into device manager and delete the mouse, then reboot. I hate to use proprietary mouse software especially when it's 117MB, but without it the special buttons won't work. A new Logitech Gaming Software came out a week and a half ago with "minor bug fixes."

adams1208

Prominent
Nov 7, 2017

I tried uninstalling and deleting the drivers for the Logitech mouse as well as any other mouse drivers. I did so just on the affected user.

Was able to click for a few seconds, but then it went away again. Any other options?