[SOLVED] mouse moving the wrong way

Jan 19, 2022
hello today my mouse starte acting wiredly , it doesnt response to the movement or more exacty it moves in revers , top is botom ; botom is top ; left is right and right i left. i am using a a wired mouse st-gm 388

Device name DESKTOP-97OD99L
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
Device ID 9139C29D-352E-4D8E-87E0-D93700F116B3
Product ID 00330-80125-76702-AA371
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎29.‎09.‎2020
OS build 19043.1466
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Last edited:
Solution
An up-to-driver can still be buggy or corrupted.

Reinstall anyway - the manufacturer may have just quietly fixed some problem.

Check the manufacturer's forums and FAQs. Learn if anyone else is asking or complaining about similar problems.

If reinstalling does not work then try the mouse on other computers and try other mice on your computer.

However, as I understand the preceding post a second mouse has the same problem - is that correct?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Try the mouse on another known working computer.

Try another known working mouse on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the mouse or stays with your computer.

Do you play any games or use any apps that allow or require the use of macros?

Any known software additions or updates? Look in Reliability History for any problem updates within the last couple of days.

Also run the built-in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

If the troubleshooters do not fix the problem then manually download the applicable mouse drivers from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Do not use any third party utilities.

Jan 19, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Try the mouse on another known working computer.

Try another known working mouse on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the mouse or stays with your computer.

Do you play any games or use any apps that allow or require the use of macros?

Any known software additions or updates? Look in Reliability History for any problem updates within the last couple of days.

Also run the built-in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

If the troubleshooters do not fix the problem then manually download the applicable mouse drivers from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Do not use any third party utilities.
i havent tried the mouse on another computer , but ive tried another mouse , i do play games but i dont use any apps for macros or something like that , today i did a update on the windwos but it was after the problem ocuring , the troubleshoting did not find anything that can help me and most of the internet searches always leed to a solution of inverted scroll . i gues i will try to manualt instal the drivers but the device manager says they are up to date . i will try a windows fix for now.

Ralston18

Titan
An up-to-driver can still be buggy or corrupted.

Reinstall anyway - the manufacturer may have just quietly fixed some problem.

Check the manufacturer's forums and FAQs. Learn if anyone else is asking or complaining about similar problems.

If reinstalling does not work then try the mouse on other computers and try other mice on your computer.

However, as I understand the preceding post a second mouse has the same problem - is that correct?

Solution