MOUSE NOISE?!??

G

why do i get noise in my speakers when i move my mouse? i mean i know its the mouse but how do i stop it?

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Give us some details about your system?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'm assuming you have an optical mouse, probably a cheap one, and most likely Altec Lansing or Labtec speakers.

Let's see how good I am at guessing today :)

-------
If buttpluginside gets banned, I'll be so happy I'll even go buy an Intel.

G

creative speakers, one down from Live! sound card, non optical HP mouse. 1.4 athlon, 256ddr, geforce2 64mb, before updating this system when using onboard sound i got noise too.

G

it is sound coming from the mouse.... i dont think i can click a button that says "mouse noise." hehe
and the speed of gravity is like 10m per/sec. something like that...

FatBurger

Illustrious
It's actually 9.8 meters/sec/sec. It's acceleration, not speed. I can't remember what terminal velocity is, that's the closest thing to the 'speed' of gravity.

So what makes you think it's coming from the mouse? It makes noise when you move it, I would guess? Guessing hasn't done well for me so far, though.

There are a lot of sounds you might not know about (in Control Panel). Have a look around.

What kind of sound is it? A hissing/buzzing?

-------
If buttpluginside gets banned, I'll be so happy I'll even go buy an Intel.

G

The speed of gravity is greater than or egual to 2x1010 c
thats 10 to the 10th.
large but finite propagation speed.
way way way faster than light...
as for 10m per/sec on earth you would fall 10m for every sec of fall, of course that would change with the fact that wieght,size,and if you have a big sheild (wings) on bottom of you.

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
Is the noise coming from the speakers or the mouse? If it's coming from the speakers then it's multimedia.

That "I wonder...what is the speed of gravity" is just a signature...but it did make you stop and think, right!

I wonder...what is the speed of gravity?

G

Gravity is a force eminating from all matter. Its a force and therefore has no speed or acceleration itself. And the force of gravity is proportional to the size of an object. Anyway the sound is probably do to a device conflict in your system. Had the same problem, move the mouse and on a low volume setting a faint buzz occurred on a high voulume setting a clicking sound occurred. I updated my soundcard drivers and the problem went away. Just a hunch;)

FatBurger

Illustrious
Its a force and therefore has no speed or acceleration itself. And the force of gravity is proportional to the size of an object.

Gravity has to have acceleration, or else it would have no force. If I push you (exert force on you), and you move back, does that mean that you cause the movement, not the force of my push? Of course it was the push (assuming I could push you, since I don't know how big you are :)

Gravity is the same way. It accelerates matter at a set rate (on earth, 9.8m/s/s, in other words, for every second an item falls, its speed is increased by 9.8m/s.

And yes, the weight of an object (I'm assuming you meant weight when you said size), does not effect how fast it falls.

Does anyone remmeber who invented the machine that measured the actual power of gravity, and what it was called?

-----------------
Whoever thinks up a good sig for me gets a prize :wink:

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, you still have a noisy mouse but at least you learned something...... Ok and the answer is.......Noisy mouse is caused by a bad line in lead from the computer to the speakers.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!