Question Mouse noise

cipopus

Reputable
Jun 1, 2018
Hello everyone!
I have build myself a desktop. The MB is Asus TUF GAMING B560-PLUS WIFI, a MSI case, everything good quality.
When I plug a Logitech G402 Mouse (wired) or TUF Gaming Asus M4 Air mouse (also wired) I get weird static noise from the inside of the case. Not from speakers or headphone. I use a Fireface 800 audio firewire sound module. Switched on every USB port for both micese. Then I conected a very cheap mouse, alse wired, and... surprise, the noise is gone. But I want good quality mices hooked on my computer, not a clumsy mediocre mouse.
Any advice?

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"Not from speakers or headphone "

Where/what is the source location of the noise?

Use a cardboard tube or a rolled up sheet of paper to carefully listen about inside the desktop.

Put one end of the tube to your ear and "aim" (again carefully) the other end towards where the noise seems to originate.

Check around the I/O Panel.

Finding the location of the noise if very important.

cipopus

Reputable
Jun 1, 2018
This:

"Not from speakers or headphone "

Where/what is the source location of the noise?

Use a cardboard tube or a rolled up sheet of paper to carefully listen about inside the desktop.

Put one end of the tube to your ear and "aim" (again carefully) the other end towards where the noise seems to originate.

Check around the I/O Panel.

Finding the location of the noise if very important.

Yeap! I have located the noise very precise! The power source. When using to the cheap mouse the noice is still there, but 80% lower in intensity, almost inaudible.
The computer is geting power from a UPS. I switch on a direct power line (220 V/ 50Hz) and the noise (with the Asus mouse) is still there but quieter.

Half solved problem so I am open to more advices!

Ralston18

Titan
By "power source" you mean the PSU - correct?

Not sure about the the electrical connections that you are describing.

Normally something like:

Wall outlet (power) ---- > UPS -----> PSU ----> Computer components (3, 5, and 12 volts) as required.

Make and model UPS?

Make and model PSU? Age, history of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit mining?

The power source being the wall outlet (220 V) with the UPS being a battery powered device that provides power long enough (hopefully) to properly shutdown the computer when the wall outlet loses power. For whatever reasons....

Are there any other devices such as surge protectors, power strips in the connection path?

Any other devices connected to the UPS, surge protectors, and power strips?

Where are the mice being connected?

cipopus

Reputable
Jun 1, 2018
Answers:

By "power source" you mean the PSU - correct?
Yes!

Not sure about the the electrical connections that you are describing.
Normally something like:
Wall outlet (power) ---- > UPS -----> PSU ----> Computer components (3, 5, and 12 volts) as required.
Yes, that's it, nothing fancy!

Make and model UPS?
nJoy CADU 850
800VA / 480W

here:
https://www.njoy.global/product/cadu-850

Make and model PSU? Age, history of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit mining?
New one, out of the box, never used, like a new-born baby!
Ayrus 500
500W
here:
https://www.njoy.global/product/ayrus-500?el=specs

The power source being the wall outlet (220 V) with the UPS being a battery powered device that provides power long enough (hopefully) to properly shutdown the computer when the wall outlet loses power. For whatever reasons....
Yes!

Are there any other devices such as surge protectors, power strips in the connection path?
Only a power strip, a very simple one, no buttons, no surge protection. In this one there are two monitors plugged. Unpluging them made no change in mouse noise.

Any other devices connected to the UPS, surge protectors, and power strips?
A internet modem for optical fiber and IP TV.

Where are the mice being connected?
Right now it is plugged in a USB2 - backplate of the desktop. I have tried to plug it in every USB hole I find in the desktop, even in the G19 keyboard which has two.