Question Mouse not clicking at times, software issue unknown to me

Aug 14, 2019
I am going a little crazy, my mouse is not working correctly due to a software issue, and I I have done everything I have been able to.

Everything works well when I turn the PC on, but the mouse suddenly doesn't click sometimes. If I am in Chrome, it closes the tab instead of changing to another one, can't click the windows button or the taskbar, it does like it had a ghost process on top. If I click, the window changes color as if it clicked another program.

It starts working again when I do anything administrator-related, such as uninstalling software, installing software, Run the Command Prompt as an administrator, or Open the Task Manager via Ctrl+Alt+Del.

I have Windows 10, and have tried the following:
- Reinstalled drivers
- Clicked mouse like crazy
- Opened and cleaned inside mouse (when I thought it could be hardware)
- Uninstalled and reinstalled all Visual C++ Redistributables
- Ran Malwarebytes
- Ran Antivirus
- Installed different Antivirus
- Uninstalled and reinstalled chrome (The problem is not exclusive to Chrome)
- Uninstalled all software that was recently installed
- Ran sfc/scannow
- Every Windows troubleshooter

I just wanted to see with you guys if you had another idea before I go with other options that suppose a problem for me, such as: Move everything to another user to see if its a corrupted user, or get a new mouse (I doubt it is a hardware problem, because when it happens, all I have to do is run the Command Prompt as Administrator and click twice, then it gets temporarily solved, the same with Ctrl+Alt+Del, then Task Manager and 2 clicks.

Any idea, I would love to hear and try,

Thank you!

Jan 9, 2019
As a test... Swap to a new mouse for a few days. See if it happens on the new mouse. In the past for me, its always been the clicker "In" the mouse that is starting to go out so it misses clicks (Frustrating as heck).

Aug 14, 2019
could be mouse driver. what is the make and model of the mouse?

The mouse is Logitech M310, I have reinstalled the driver, and uninstalled it, then reboot the computer so it loads automatically, but nothing has helped.

As a test... Swap to a new mouse for a few days. See if it happens on the new mouse. In the past for me, its always been the clicker "In" the mouse that is starting to go out so it misses clicks (Frustrating as heck).

Was kind of avoiding to buy a new mouse just to try that, but might have to.
EDIT: Found a mouse that works properly, the problem also happens with the other mouse. It is not the mouse. Ideas on what to try?

Last edited: