Question Mouse only working in safe mode. Help?

Jul 25, 2019
So, randomly upon booting up my pc it decides that the mouse can no longer click on normal windows however it works fine in safe mode. ive already tried many fixes before hand and the only way ive found to work wass restoring the pc from a system image. This has happened 3 times now . Any help would be greatly appreciated. OS is Windows 7.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

So, randomly upon booting up my pc it decides that the mouse can no longer click on normal windows however it works fine in safe mode. ive already tried many fixes before hand and the only way ive found to work wass restoring the pc from a system image. This has happened 3 times now . Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What mouse is it?
Are you sure the correect and latest drivers are installed for the mouse?
Or are you updating the mouse drivers yourself which is causing conflict? Can you find a latest stable version?

Working in safe mode indicates the loaded drivers in your mainstream windows is causing some kind of conflict.

Jul 25, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

What mouse is it?
Are you sure the correect and latest drivers are installed for the mouse?
Or are you updating the mouse drivers yourself which is causing conflict? Can you find a latest stable version?

Working in safe mode indicates the loaded drivers in your mainstream windows is causing some kind of conflict.

Thanks for the fast reply, the mouse being used is the G502 proteus spectrum and ive made no changes to the drivers manually. as i said it just out of nowhere dosent click on a boot and remains that way

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks for the fast reply, the mouse being used is the G502 proteus spectrum and ive made no changes to the drivers manually. as i said it just out of nowhere dosent click on a boot and remains that way
I'd be tempted to try finding appropriate drivers (use another mouse if you have to) or go into safe mode with networking.
And installing latest after completely removing previous ones from device manager.

You'll find you may need another mouse to do this.

Jul 25, 2019
I'd be tempted to try finding appropriate drivers (use another mouse if you have to) or go into safe mode with networking.
And installing latest after completely removing previous ones from device manager.

You'll find you may need another mouse to do this.
Would manually uninstalling all usb / mouse drivers help?
edit: ive confirmed that its just the mouse i currently use that is having problems and others are working fine

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Would manually uninstalling all usb / mouse drivers help?
edit: ive confirmed that its just the mouse i currently use that is having problems and others are working fine
You only really need to uninstall the one that is having the problem.
If you have lots of mouse USB drivers, then you may want to as it could be conflicting with others, but just sticking to removing the mouse with the problem would be the best shout first.

Jul 25, 2019
You only really need to uninstall the one that is having the problem.
If you have lots of mouse USB drivers, then you may want to as it could be conflicting with others, but just sticking to removing the mouse with the problem would be the best shout first.
Ive gotten it to work thank you for your help! turns out it was a mouse specific problem and the way i changed it was changing from stored memory to onboard memory on the mouses software

Reactions: PC Tailor