Mobius

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2002
Hmmm. usually I'm a big fan of THG and visit regularly, and read it voraciously, but I have to say right here and now, that not listing or reviewing HardOCP's RatPadz GS mousing surface is a complete crock.

This mousepad kicks the living crap out of every other brand I have ever used, and longevity is excellent. It makes all of the ones listed in the article look like pieces of junk - with the possible exception of the X-Ray (which does look pretty cool I'll have to admit".)

Why miss out Everglide and the RatPadz?

Hmmmm - let me guess - you hate Kyle and HardOCP? Gee, that didn't take rocket science did it?

However, regardless of the politics, I think it behooves you to list and review their product. It would have made THG look bigger than the politics, and above the petty stuff I have read over the years.

One thing's for sure, any mousepad round-up is utterly incomplete without giving the RatPadz GS a thorough going over.

I expect to see a follow-up, or an expanded article with ALL the potentially good mouse pads soon.

How many escape pods are there? <b>"NONE, SIR!"</b> You counted them? <b>"TWICE, SIR!</b>

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Uh,

It's a damn mousepad. Unless you are one of the unfortunate souls still using a wheel mouse, a $5 POS pad is just as good as a high end "mousing surface" :eek:

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
your nuts man. the review was filler cause they didnt have anything interesting to write about. they probly went to some boner computer shop down the street and got the first couple "high performance" mouse pads they saw. it doesnt mean anything.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring (optional) cheating death!

Auburn9698

Champion
Yeah, what those two guys said. It's freaking mouse pads.

<font color=blue>War</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Eagle</font color=orange>
"I am not a role model." - Charles Barkley
{FTM}

meBigGuy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
LOL --- I can't believe anyone still thinks it's "just a mousepad". A new ratpadz is so smooth and resistance free that the mouse cord tension can move the mouse over the surface when you let go. Problem is, it wears out quickly into a merely "good" mouse surface. The article's writers were obviously not knowledgeable in the subtleties of high quality mousing surfaces, having no tests for smoothness, resistance, static and dynamic friction, wear on mouse feet, surface wear/durability, levelness of surface, etc. People who say it's "just a mouse pad" might as well be saying "it's just a power supply", or "it's just a dvd burner" or "it's just a computer case". If you have any knowledge of any technical area, you know that saying "it's just a whatever" exposes you as an idiot with regard to whatever.

The ratpadz, the func mousing surface, #M, everglide, and many other quality surfaces were not addressed, and little good technical information was presented.

For years, my favorite mousing surface was a manilla folder taped to my desk -- I never bought a mouse surface until I got a ratpadz, and WOW, was I impressed (for a month ot two -- if you have one, check the resistance in the middle vs the unused corners).

But I would never be so bold as to say "get a life, it's just a friggen mouse pad"

whew

meBig

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
how can you liken a mouse pad to a power supply, or a case, or a dvd burner. that statement of yours alone has lowered my rating of your intelligence to an all time low number that i cant even calculate. its a matter of whether or not your a little weakling that cant move a mouse around. a mouse pad kindof mattered 5 or so years ago when no one had an optical mouse. maybe your just a bumbling moron that cant figure out that the weight of your entire arm isnt supposed to rest on your mouse.

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
Just to put my two cents in, but to the average user, no a mouse pad realy doesn't matter.

But in particular with gaming, the mouse pad surface is important.

With how fast paced some games are (ex. UT04) a very smooth surface is necesary, that doesn't provide too much friction to affect precision.

And that is what these mouse pads are designed for.

meBigGuy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
lol --- so now I am a weakling and a bumbling idiot. Yeah --- and you are the expert. That you don't even understand my analogy strengthens my case.

Thing is, jihiggs, it is probable you have bever used a high tech mousepad, and yet you consider yourself knowledgeable on the subject. You contribute nothing to the discussion, and continue to embarrass yourself.

The static and dynamic friction characteristics of a mouse pad are very real, and some people can discriminate with regard to those characteristics. It saddens me that you would try to invalidate the opinion/experience of all those people when you probably have not even tried a high tech pad yourself.

Point 1. --- the article was technically weak
Point 2. There are people out there that don't understand high tech mouse pads, and some feel a need to belittle those that do

So, on to another round of name calling.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
first off, your analogy does not make any sense because there is no similarities between the two. a good power supply is somthing that affects your system, a good dvd burner keeps you from wasting money by burning bad discs, dont remember the other one you said but im sure its just as retarded. a "high tech" mouse pad is laughable in its own name. theres nothing high tech about a good finish on a piece of rubber or whatever they do with them. high tech is just one of the buzzwords smart people use to get morons like yourself to spend money on somthing so stupid. let me ask you this, how much is one of these "new fangled" ratzpads?

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
uhhh...I game the <b>hell</b> out of you, believe me.

I am still using the mousepad that came with <i>Max Payne<i>. With no problems.

Friction only matters if you have a degenerative nerve disorder or a wheel mouse.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>

meBigGuy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2004
lots of so called experts that have never tried the technology. And, have no idea of the materials science involved.

BTW, ratpadz cost $10

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
so by your account if any one tries it they are automaticaly experts? your an idiot that has just realised he got took for 10 bucks of his lawn mowing money. now you wont let yourself realise what a moron you are so your defending your purchase at all costs with nothing to back up any reasoning.

karamazov

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2004
I've been usuing the same mouse pads since the very first "Small" home computer came out. It works just fine thank you very much

As I sit up in my bed looking at all the stars, I begin to wonder... WHERE THE HECK IS MY ROOF!?

TRENDING THREADS