Mouse pointer betting big and blocky

Status
Not open for further replies.

cepsb

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
My mouse pointer is getting large and blocky (like if the resolution had suddenly decrease but only for the mouse pointer) quite randomly while using it. When playing games this happen every time I stop and go back to the desktop (Fallout 3 and Blood Bowl). Once this happen changing the resolution makes not difference, changing the mouse pointer type makes no difference and only restarting will get everything back to normal.

I use Win 7 home premium 64bit, a P55 Gigabit with an i7 860 and a ATI 5850 graphics card with the latest catalyst drivers on it. I use the standard aero set-up for Win7.

Any ideas.

Thanks

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Windows 7 and fallout 3 are having issues with API. I think it's Fallout 3 trying to use Dx 9 or Dx 10 API and windows 7 not letting it. There isn't much you can do about this. I also run Fallout 3 on Windows 7 however my resolution is never changed on my desktop. It could be a problem with your video card's drivers. I recommend uninstalling/reinstalling.

cepsb

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Thanks I will try that, I guess I need to go in safe mode to remove the graphic card drivers before reinstalling.

What I do not understand is why this also happen with other software without having starting any games (explorere, paintshop pro for example).

Silvain

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

Oh wow if it happens with even other programs it could be a serious card issue, however I will still recommend you reinstall drivers.

Question:

When you play games, does the game ever freeze in one frame and come back or crash?

cepsb

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009

Reinstalled the 9.1 catalyst which so far seem to have done the trick. I do not experience any crashes of any kind just the mouse pointer thing.

I will test it out further tonight and see if everything is resolved

Thanks

cepsb

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Great, now if only I could sort out my itouch sinc in Win 7 and my Canon MP640 printer also struggling with the USB I will be OK. I starting to get the feeling I should have waited a bit to buy my set-up.

Thanks
S

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS