Question Mouse pointer issues

Dec 29, 2018
Hi
I have recently had an issue where, in windows my mouse cursor changes to different icons. For example, after hovering a moveable window, it changes to the “stretch” icon but then stays at that after moving away and will sometimes change to a horizontal multicoloured line/dots. Also when clicking to drag a window the pointer moves as it should but leaves an image of the original behind.

I have also noticed that when dragging windows around, it is slow at catching up and you can see it dragging.

I have tried a few things including reinstalling windows 10 but I still get the issue. The pointer issue seems to only begin after closing certain games, mainly WOW. I have had an Nvidia 2070 for about 6 months with no problems and upgraded my monitor to a 165hz about 3 months ago with no issues until now.

Anybody have any ideas??

Dec 29, 2018
Thanks. I feel it is more of a graphics issue rather than the mouse as the cursor changes to a weird messed up icon and the streaking from moving windows around. I’ll try the driver, but I have downloaded dazed synapses from their website