Question Mouse problem tied to windows reinstall

grinmore

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
Long story short, I've had a mouse problem for a long time and I've posted this elsewhere and received no response.

PC SPECS:
MOBO: Gigabyte z270x
CPU:I7-7700k 4.0ghz
GPu: ASUS rog GTX 1070
RAM: Corsair Vengence 2x 8gb 3000mhz
PSU: Corsair 750w
Mouse: Zowie EC-1B 400dpi 500hz

I'm making this post as an update to my issue, I recently got in touch with a Microsoft technician all the way up to tier 3 support. One of them discovered that if I make a new profile in windows 10 the mouse works great for about 3 hours. Then reverts back to the same inconsistant feeling seemingly out of nowhere.

The mouse issue itself to paraphrase my first post; the feeling of the mouse is inaccurate, difficult to control, inconsistent to the point where its frustrating to click on things on the desktop. Doing anything at all with the mouse is a constant battle, especially when gaming.

If anyone has any ideas or answers to this issue, I am open to all suggestions.

The question here is: Of all things, why does reinstalling windows 10 or making a new profile provide a temporary solution?

Solutions that have been tried:

Reinstall of Win 10 multiple times
Complete system replacement (each part one after the other)
Driver update/removal/replacement (GPU, chipset, peripherals)
Safe mode tested (issue still persists)
All hardware checked for faults
All acceleration removed within the OS

This issue has been affecting me for well over 10 years, meaning it has followed me from Windows 7. My best bet is that it's something to do with the Windows OS itself.

A small note to anyone who doesn't believe I have an issue and that its "in my head"

I had my entire family try to work with the mouse. Everything from physically moving the cursor to trying to play a game, a second machine was used as a control. All participants stated that the mouse "didn't feel right" and that it felt as though it was constantly fighting with physical input. All who used the mouse very clearly stated that there was absolutely something wrong. (The mouse itself was tested on the control machine and worked as intended.)

(If it were in my head I would've accepted it and moved on, sadly its not)

I apologize for the lengthy post
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

~Grin

Last edited:
So I turned my mouse gaming mouse down to 400dpi and could barely move it around the screen with windows 10. I would say it is your mouse and not the os. You can try to go to control panel, hardware, click on mouse, click on mouse pointer options tab, and play around with pointer speed, check to make sure enhance pointer precison box is NOT checked off.

grinmore

Reputable
Oct 25, 2016
So I turned my mouse gaming mouse down to 400dpi and could barely move it around the screen with windows 10. I would say it is your mouse and not the os. You can try to go to control panel, hardware, click on mouse, click on mouse pointer options tab, and play around with pointer speed, check to make sure enhance pointer precison box is NOT checked off.

400dpi isn't anything strange when it comes to gaming, for a 1920x1080 it is a little slow, or atleast it should be. With my system its still fast enough to cause a serious amount of trouble even just moving around the monitor. I have checked windows settings and accel is off and pointer speed is 6/11 as it should be.

Thanks for the reply.