Question Mouse problem when trying to flick

maks kuznia

Reputable
Jan 4, 2017
I tried 2 mice in total (Trust GXT 155 and the Roccat Tyon) I expected the Roccat Tyon the be good considering the price but both have some sort of problem with tracking. I play very competitively and at a low sensitivity in CS:GO (1000hz, 800 DPI and ingame sens of 1) and when I try flicking the mouse too fast, my pointer travels a short distance and either goes slightly up or down. Is my sensitivity too low or are my mice just bad? Or is it something else? If you think it's the mice please recommend me the best one you know. It has to be fast and have at least 2 side buttons. I don't care about the price.

My mousepad: Roccat Taito King Size 455 x 370 x 3mm
My PC Specs:
CPU:  Intel i7 4790
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 OC 8GB
MOBO: MSI B85-G43 GAMING
RAM: 16GB DDR3
(CS:GO) Storage: 250GB SSD

Oscil

Reputable
Mar 8, 2019
Are you sure it's not you moving the mouse slightly up or down ? I used to play with a mouse like these back in the days and I didn't have much of a problem.
Also if you can give a try by turning the hz of the mouse down to 500 and check if the problem is still there.
I'm using razer deathadder elite right now and I have 0 problems. I don't like the software of razer that much tho.
I would reccomend you get either this or a logitech502 most people say it's good and I consider trying it aswell in the future.
Your sensitivity is fine btw.

maks kuznia

Reputable
Jan 4, 2017
Are you sure it's not you moving the mouse slightly up or down ? I used to play with a mouse like these back in the days and I didn't have much of a problem.
Also if you can give a try by turning the hz of the mouse down to 500 and check if the problem is still there.
I'm using razer deathadder elite right now and I have 0 problems. I don't like the software of razer that much tho.
I would reccomend you get either this or a logitech502 most people say it's good and I consider trying it aswell in the future.
Your sensitivity is fine btw.

Yeah, I'm sure. I have a lot of experience and I have always been experiencing this issue. A fix for me was to just set the sens higher. But now that I want to play more competitively it doesn't really help having a low sens.
If anyone could just recommend a really good mouse that will definitely help. I can just buy it and return it later if the problem persists.