Question Mouse Problems

lessthanjared

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018
Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, there isn't one about peripherals so I tried to find the most fitting one possible. For the past 2 weeks , my mouse movement has just felt very "off". At first I figured my mouse was just going bad so I purchased a new gaming mouse and a mousepad and had the same issue. To preface this, my system is very (and I mean very) old and I intend on replacing it as soon as I can but this problem just arose within the past few weeks. The best way to describe the feeling is that it feels like there is some sort of "resistance" when I move the mouse and the cursor isn't responsive and doesn't move nearly as sharply as it used to. I play MOBA games and this has made it impossible to play at all and it's really bumming me out. Like I said previously, my system is extremely old and I intend on getting an entire new rig as soon as I can but I've found numerous people in my constant digging through forum posts that have entirely replaced their system and peripherals only to find that this problem somehow still exists and are attributing it to external power issues such as poor grounding, etc. which is something I can't really fix. I can't afford to replace everything right now anyways so this has really been getting to me. If anyone has any ideas whatsoever or has experienced something similar, please tell me whatever you can. I can post the specs of my PC but I'm almost afraid I'll be ridiculed for how old it is and how long I've been using it.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Ralston18

Titan
No one here should ridicule you for an old system. Many folks/posters have only what they have - no choice.

If someone does ridicule you that is a violation of Forum rules and any such posts or responses will be dealt with accordingly.

So update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Hopefully there will be some way to regain lost or faltering performance.

No promises per se but there could be something that helps.

We just need to know what we/you are working with.