[SOLVED] mouse prompter issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelugalbenush

Commendable
Jul 12, 2021
Recently I ran into an issue I've never encountered before. I have a HP 250 G5 laptop, it's 4 years old and it has been used exclusively for word and other small documents for editing and reading. the mouse prompter began to jump directly to the bottom of the page. I tried these:

• reinstall the touchpad original drivers
  • turned off the touchpad
  • changed mouse with new ones
  • tried ps/2 and USB mouses
  • I disabled the enhanced feature from mouse control panel

I searched the net for an answer and nothing I tried fixd the issue. Some say it's a touchpad hardware problem, a touchpad software, the heat of the laptop etc etc etc
I reject all these because they are showed as if it would have been normal to do them in order that the prompter to work correctly. The prompter must work correctly without all these advices.
So here I am here asking for help. If anyone ran into exact trouble as I am and you managed to solve it, please let me know how. I am at the end of the roap, the single solution I have in hand is to throw on my window the laptop and buy a new one. I can't understand how such a laptop could raise this issue taking into account that it was never moved, abused or shocked. I also have a desktop pc that NEVER, in 30 years had this issue. So my guess is that it has to do with the laptop architecture, with the touchpad hardware...
Thank you.

Solution
Hey there,

Do you mean the mouse 'cursor'? I think so.

You might have turned on a feature called 'snap to'. To enable/disable, try this:

Go to 'mouse settings', then to 'additional mouse options'. Once the box appears, open the 'Pointer options' tab, and de-select the 'snap to' effect.

Hopefully that fixes your issue.
Hey there,

Do you mean the mouse 'cursor'? I think so.

You might have turned on a feature called 'snap to'. To enable/disable, try this:

Go to 'mouse settings', then to 'additional mouse options'. Once the box appears, open the 'Pointer options' tab, and de-select the 'snap to' effect.

Hopefully that fixes your issue.

Solution
It's probably a stuck key or an issue with the touchpad. Is there also a trackpoint nipple mouse in the middle of the keyboard? I have seen those cause the mouse to drift.

The issue happens with both the touchpad and external mouse correct? Did you disable the touchpad in the BIOS or in Windows?

nelugalbenush

Commendable
Jul 12, 2021
Thank you all for your wisdom. I managed finally to find the culprit. It was indeed the DOWN key. I wasted hours, because I lost hope , to reinstal Win 7 (laptop is old by now and has drivers or Win 7 only). I would 've kill a person , that was my state of mind in those moments...I never encountered this issue and never thought that a laptop keyboard is so fragile. Today I learned something new. Life , as Socrate said it's nothing but a long string of mistakes...

Thank you all for your wisdom. I managed finally to find the culprit. It was indeed the DOWN key. I wasted hours, because I lost hope , to reinstal Win 7 (laptop is old by now and has drivers or Win 7 only). I would 've kill a person , that was my state of mind in those moments...I never encountered this issue and never thought that a laptop keyboard is so fragile. Today I learned something new. Life , as Socrate said it's nothing but a long string of mistakes...

Excellent. Glad you got it sorted! :)

You probably never ran into a bad keyboard because you don't work on a dozen different laptops a day like computer techs, so not really anything you may have thought of. Cursor moving on it's own is 95% caused by a physical issue with something stuck or broken.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Status
Not open for further replies.