SirNomz

Honorable
May 19, 2015
Hi,

I am having a strange issue with my mouse that is difficult to describe and therefore has been hard to search for a solution.

Issue
The issue is that my mouse seems responsive and normal unless I make a big movement (turning 180 in games or moving across two monitors at once), then the pointer continues to move for a second after I have stopped moving the mouse.

Attempted fixes
  • uninstalling and reinstalling drivers
  • using a different mouse (wired and wireless)
  • changing the power options on my PC (fast startup and power management options for the USB hubs)
  • MarkC mouse fix (registry fix for DPI scaling).

Hardware
Gigabyte B450M DS3H-CF
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Crucial BLE8G4D26AFEA RAM 2x8GB
Radeon RX 580 Series

Solution
Try this: Get a Linux Live ISO image (Ubuntu, Mint, etc should work), make a bootable device (USB stick or DVD disk) and try to boot and see if it still happens when you're running Linux.

Also - have you played along in bios menu recently? Eg, have changed to USB1 mode or something?

SirNomz

Honorable
May 19, 2015
For mouse only? Try go back to a previous driver for the GPU as well. Just remember to uninstall the current one first.
Sadly that hasn't fixed the issue. I also tried booting up in safe mode and I still get the buggy mouse movement. It feels like it might be losing inputs when I move the mouse quickly as well.

Try this: Get a Linux Live ISO image (Ubuntu, Mint, etc should work), make a bootable device (USB stick or DVD disk) and try to boot and see if it still happens when you're running Linux.

Also - have you played along in bios menu recently? Eg, have changed to USB1 mode or something?

Solution