The mouse: Razer Viper

i7-9700k @4.7GHz
RTX 2070 Super
16 GB 3200MHz RAM
Aorus Ultra z390 mobo
M.2 SSD for OS
850W PSU
Windows 10

Hi. So I've had an issue with my Razer Viper where it randomly disconnects, maybe once a day. It lasts about a second but is really annoying considering I'm probably playing a competitive game when it happens. It happens in any game (from any launcher or platform), as well as on the desktop. It's not a massive deal, but the curious thing is I've tried two other mice for months on end and haven't had this issue. It's strictly the Razer Viper. Even after support replaced my Viper about 2 weeks ago, the new one is having the same issue. I've turned off the USB power saving mode, and have tried multiple ports. I've also tried both with and without the official software for the mouse. The wireless edition of the mouse (Razer Viper Ultimate) actually had a similar issue that was addressed with a firmware patch. They haven't said a thing on the wired edition which I have and I've had trouble finding any cases of it online. Note, this is only happening with my Razer Viper, not any other mouse that I know of.
I haven't reacted quick enough to check the time the mouse disconnects to correlate with the event viewer. This is what I'll do if I remember the next time it happens. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History. Much more user friendly than Event Viewer.

Check the Razer Viper's USB plug. Look for debris, signs of distortion or damage.

Does the plug fit snuggly and firmly into the host USB ports - no "looseness" or "give".

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
Look in Reliability History. Much more user friendly than Event Viewer.

Check the Razer Viper's USB plug. Look for debris, signs of distortion or damage.

Does the plug fit snuggly and firmly into the host USB ports - no "looseness" or "give".

Thanks for the reply! I've been waiting for it to happen again while remembering to check the event viewer. No logs at all at the time of the disconnect. Same thing goes for reliability history. The usb port feels absolutely fine as well. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
Bit of a stretch but the problem may occur when some "peak condition" occurs - likely to happen when gaming.

Check Task Manager's Startup tab and disable anything that you do not really need to have running in the background.

With less running then the system will be more "focused" on the game and not as likely to encounter some bottleneck or perhaps even some bug or conflict that forces the disconnects.

No need to disable everything at first. Be selective and methodical. Keep watching the logs as well.

MmmPetrol

Commendable
Jan 23, 2020
Bit of a stretch but the problem may occur when some "peak condition" occurs - likely to happen when gaming.

Check Task Manager's Startup tab and disable anything that you do not really need to have running in the background.

With less running then the system will be more "focused" on the game and not as likely to encounter some bottleneck or perhaps even some bug or conflict that forces the disconnects.

No need to disable everything at first. Be selective and methodical. Keep watching the logs as well.
I already have everything disabled on start up as standard. The games I'm playing are also very easy to run and don't use a lot of system resources. This has also happened on the desktop a few times, with nothing else open. Also, the issue doesn't occur with other mice, just this one. Thanks for the reply.