Question Mouse randomly disconnects and re-connects ?

Mar 5, 2022
I am currently using a Razer Viper Mini which seems to disconnect and reconnect randomly, but It's not the mouse because i've tried another mouse and the same thing happens.
I also don't believe it is the port because I have tried switching my keyboard and mouse ports and the keyboard is fine but the mouse still disconnects and reconnects.
I've tried turning off automatic USB suspend as well as reinstalling mouse drivers. If anyone has any other info that could help please let me know.

Update: FULL SYSTEM SPECS
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: Asus b550-plus
Graphics: Radeon 570 8gb
Power supply: Deepcool DA700
Ram: 32gb ddr4

Running windows 10 pro ver 21H1

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
I am currently using a Razer Viper Mini which seems to disconnect and reconnect randomly, but It's not the mouse because i've tried another mouse and the same thing happens.
I also don't believe it is the port because I have tried switching my keyboard and mouse ports and the keyboard is fine but the mouse still disconnects and reconnects.
I've tried turning off automatic USB suspend as well as reinstalling mouse drivers. If anyone has any other info that could help please let me know.
Besides turning off automatic USB suspend, did you open the Device Manager and check the Properties, Power Management tab for each usb device and mouse related device? The option "Allow the computer to turn off this device" needs to be UNchecked.

Mar 5, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Could be corrupted or buggy windows files.

Try running the built-in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Likewise try "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image
Ive updated the forum post to include my system specs and OS information. Please let me know if I need anything else. I have also tried the commands you listed using dism Scanhealth and Checkhealth and nothing came back everything seems normal

Mar 5, 2022
Besides turning off automatic USB suspend, did you open the Device Manager and check the Properties, Power Management tab for each usb device and mouse related device? The option "Allow the computer to turn off this device" needs to be UNchecked.
I have gone through every usb device in Universal Serial Bus Controllers, Mice and other pointing devices aswell as Human Interface devices. The problem still persists its very annoying in game when my mouse turns off and back on.

Ralston18

Titan
And both mice work without problem(s) on another known working computer - correct?

Make and model of the second mouse you used/tried?

Take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error code, warning, or even an informational event that you can associate with the times the mouse disconnected and reconnected.

Start with Reliability History - much more user friendly and the timeline should make it easier to spot the mouse disconnects and reconnects.

And, while working on your computer you can observe system performance via Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Use both tools but only one at a time.

Simply leave the tool window open and drag to one side or the other. Or to a second monitor if possible. Work and game as normal. Watch for what changed or changes during mouse disconnects/reconnects.