[SOLVED] Mouse randomly stop working

Edysmf

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
Sometimes, very often, like once in 30-50 minutes, my mouse stops working for few seconds then come back to normal. Sometimes it stop working and the cursor is going in the top right of the screen. I have to unplug its receiver, stop the mouse from button, plug the receiver back and start mouse again to have it working again. When is doing this the led from the top of the mouse is turning red. I think is the CPI led, because is right near the CPI button) I changed the batteries and the problem is still there.
The mouse is this one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XumIgFE7Ds

I forgot to mention, I have it from like 3 years now and never had a problem, but is seems like the problem comes after last update of windows or some days after it.

Last edited:
Solution
I solved the situation, I opened the case disassembled all pieces carefully, cleaned them with special solution and vacum then assembled back. Now works like a charm. The problem seems to be a cat hair found inside the transparent plastic piece.

Ralston18

Titan
Reinstall the mouse drivers.

Try another set of new batteries using a known brand product from a recently purchased pack.

Make sure that the battery contacts are clean and firmly holding the batteries in place.

Use a short USB extension cable to move the receiver ("USB dongle") up and away from the back of the PC.

Edysmf

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
I tried a lot of battery sets and still same happening. Changed USB port of the receiver and still no luck. The PC is like 0.5 meter away from mouse and I use front USB and nothin interfering between mouse and receiver.

Edysmf

Prominent
Oct 1, 2019
I solved the situation, I opened the case disassembled all pieces carefully, cleaned them with special solution and vacum then assembled back. Now works like a charm. The problem seems to be a cat hair found inside the transparent plastic piece.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS