Question Mouse recommendation

laoyue

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
I'm looking for a mouse that could withstand temperature changes.

A bit of a background: I work as a 3d designer and I like to use my own mouse. I used to leave it at the office, but after the 2nd one was stolen I decided to just keep it in my bag.
Turns out... it's not the best idea. Winters are pretty bad here and the temperature chances render the mouse cable practically useless. The one I have right now is so stiff that I literally feel the pressure on my hand.
Any chance someone would be in a similar situation?

I tried different brands, bungies, braided cable, rubber, I even debraided a cable, but still no luck.
I was wondering is some brands have better quality cables.
I would prefer a gaming mouse, but I could life with a productivity mouse, as long as it has a decent sensor.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if you can install some form of security lock on the wire leading off the mouse to tether it to the system you use. The weather isn't going to change unless the Earth has changed it's rotation and mouse makers haven't made any mouse that can withstand the elements(i.e removal of moisture from the cable). Probably they exist but are beyond the cost of an average user.

laoyue

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
Even if I left the mouse at the office, temperature would still be a problem, considering that there is nobody there during the night and it gets pretty cold (below 0 degrees Celsius).
Does everyone have this problem? I don't mind buying a new mouse, but is there an end to this?

Get a wireless mouse, no cable to freeze. If you specifically look for a gaming grade wireless mouse, the good ones have special adapters to have a faster polling rate than the cheaper ones to make them pretty much equal to wireless.

Logitech G602 is often cheap, and is good, it also has 6 side buttons which may help you with adding macros or shortcuts with your programs.
Logitech MX has a wireless version, and those are very good mice, Logitech MX Vertical is good if you want an ergonomic one. Those are more comfortable than the G602.

Another question, the temps should not be freezing inside your house or car, if you have issued with temperatures outside, don't leave the mouse outside, carry it in with you.

Last edited: