Ovidiu

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

After Installing SP2 the pointer of my mouse is just
moving on the X or Y axis just by itself without me moving
the mouse and this is happenning very often.
what should I do?
A4 tech 3 buttons mouse.
thanks,
Ovidiu

Uninstall your current mouse software/drivers and install the latest
drivers for you mouse. You may be able to just install the latest
drivers without uninstalling the old ones if you don't know how to do
this or something, but it would be better to uninstall the old
drivers/software, reboot, then install the latest drivers/software ;)

----
Nathan McNulty

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:05:55 -0700, Ovidiu wrote:

> After Installing SP2 the pointer of my mouse is just
> moving on the X or Y axis just by itself without me moving
> the mouse and this is happenning very often.
> what should I do?
> A4 tech 3 buttons mouse.
> thanks,
> Ovidiu

If it is a wireless mouse, try changing the channel.
A4 should have 2 channels (1..2 or A..B), try to change to second one.
Check if somebody nearby is using a A4 wireless mouse.

Best regards,

--
Zoltan Fekete <zoltanf@neobee.net>
Microsoft Certified Professional

YU Spin d.o.o. Novi Sad - http://www.yuspin.co.yu
NetSee Network Utility - http://yuspin.metrohive.net/netsee

sharon

Right click on my computer, select properties. Select the hardware tab. Click
the device manager button. Click on the plus sign by the mouse, then righjt
click on your mouse. Click on properties. Click on the advanced properties
tab. Remove the checkmark for "fast initialization. This should stop the
mouse drift.

Sharon