[SOLVED] Mouse speed automatically increased

Aug 1, 2021
My mouse increased all of sudden. I've tried almost everything to fix it but didn't got the solution
I've tried

Turning of mouse acceleration
Tried using MarkC mouse fix
Updated mouse and graphics drivers
Reinstalled mouse drivers
Tried scanning for viruses
Tried running sfc and dism commands
Tried using different usb ports
Cleaned my mouse
Updated windows to 1904

Please help me fix this issue been trying to fix this for a month now. I will be so thankful if someone helps me out :)

Solution
Yes, I may have got an OS corruption. If so can i get to know how to fix it?
If you have an OS corruption, simplest method of removing it is to reinstall your OS. Recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then proceed to reinstall OS. You should also make sure your critical data is backed up. As for the mouse, that's a basic mouse, might want to go into mouse settings, hit start>type mouse and then enter>then reduce the sensitivity of the mouse cursor (speed).

What is the make and model of your laptop? An SKU to said laptop will help us two fold. Use CPU-Z to show you what your BIOS version is(mainboard's tab).

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're on version 21H1 for Windows 10, you're on a very old version of Windows 10, I'm sure you've got an OS corruption. Make and model of your mouse? Make and model of your motherboard and the BISO version for said motherboard at the time of writing?

Aug 1, 2021

We're on version 21H1 for Windows 10, you're on a very old version of Windows 10, I'm sure you've got an OS corruption. Make and model of your mouse? Make and model of your motherboard and the BISO version for said motherboard at the time of writing?

Thanks I'll update it sooner or later
My mouse is Logitech M90 ( 1000DPI )
I use Laptop. I have no idea about my motherboard. Do you mean bios on motherboard its 1.4.1 i used (cpu-z)

Anyways tysm for your conversation
if you found the fix please let me know :)

Edit: I updated to 21H1 and still nothing

Last edited:
Reactions: Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
If you have an OS corruption, simplest method of removing it is to reinstall your OS. Recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then proceed to reinstall OS. You should also make sure your critical data is backed up. As for the mouse, that's a basic mouse, might want to go into mouse settings, hit start>type mouse and then enter>then reduce the sensitivity of the mouse cursor (speed).

What is the make and model of your laptop? An SKU to said laptop will help us two fold. Use CPU-Z to show you what your BIOS version is(mainboard's tab).

Solution
My mouse increased all of sudden. I've tried almost everything to fix it but didn't got the solution
I've tried

Turning of mouse acceleration
Tried using MarkC mouse fix
Updated mouse and graphics drivers
Reinstalled mouse drivers
Tried scanning for viruses
Tried running sfc and dism commands
Tried using different usb ports
Cleaned my mouse
Updated windows to 1904

Please help me fix this issue been trying to fix this for a month now. I will be so thankful if someone helps me out :)
Try this.
Settings>devices>mouse..... play with the cursor speed slider.