mouse squeaks

G

I am not kidding, it really does!
I've read a few reviews on the new Intellimouse Cordless and none of them told me it squeaked! No I'm not crazy, but sitting here the first night I had my new mouse, I heard something squeaking, and looked round to find out what it was.

It sounds like a camera flash charging the capacitors, so I assume that this is waht is going on somewhere inside the new Intellimouse. It makes a series of short high frequence 'pips' or squeaks. Not loud enought to annoy, and in fact so high and quiet, that I would say most people wouldn't notice it.

Other thing about it, is that it is supplied with good ol' Energizer batteries. Each of those weighs 24g. Throw them out, and replace them with Lithium ones. They weigh in at 14g each, for a saving of 20g. May not sound like much, but the reduced weight makes the thing slide and glide much better. Balance is improved, and is no longer tail heavy.

My old mouse pad had a good scratch in the middle, and the new mouse didn't like it. Didn't bother the old Intellimouse Optical (the white one), but I had to get a new pad for the cordless.

Now all I have to worry about is the coating wearing off and looking poxy in three months time. When it does, I'll give it the treatment I gave my Intellimouse Explorer. Pick the teflon pads off, take the screws out, find the other two at the top and take those out too. Clean all the bits back to bare plastic, and repaint with some tough hard paint. Mine has a gold hammer finish, about as hard as the shell on a turtle, so it will look good for years. Pity it is such a shocking shape. Might get out to the garage and take to it with the grinder. Can't make it any worse. At least they got the shape right on the new cordles.

Did anyone mention the new feature in the software that controls the rate the pointer decelerates? I have found it easier to use cos of this.

Now, if only they would go one step further, and turn that new keyboard of theirs into a natural, and make it cordless. That would only leave my Game Voice, and Sidewinder FF...

(-: